ᴛʀᴇɴᴛᴀ - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

Sometimes people have to die and be sacrificed for people to bring about change. It's a way of life. ~ Unknown.

Valentinia:

Past (3 years ago).

After I had made sense of everything, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't take Acer outside, because I wouldn't be surprised if Mr Morelli and his crew were out there waiting for us. Ready to taunt us.

So, I carefully guided Acer over to the lounge room, to place him upon the sofa. He needed medical attention immediately, otherwise, he would die. I am not going to beat around the bush and try and act in- denial, because I know that is going to happen if he continues to bleed out. He has lost far too much blood already, never mind the puddle that is gradually building up beneath him.

The crimson liquid was beginning to transfer onto the couch, staining the once perfect material.

Serves him right, he shot him. Therefore, his furniture can be damaged, even if that is the least that he deserves. It brings me the slightest amount of satisfaction thinking about his reaction.

I dashed around the room, rifling through all of the cabinets and drawers trying to find a phone or any other technological device. But, it was useless as there wasn't anything that I could use to contact anyone. Besides, even if they were, it would probably be hacked and looped.

However, I did find some blankets and some tape that would help me aid to Acer's needs. It wasn't perfect, but it would be better than nothing. I couldn't risk going to any other room, he could be anywhere, and I wasn't going to leave Acer out like an open target. With nothing to defend himself with.

Walking closer to Acer I dropped onto my knees, carefully not trying to put too much pressure onto my thigh. The knife was still lodged within it. I knew not to remove it as it would most likely make it deteriorate.

Gradually, I untied the fabric that I had used previously to apply pressure to Acer's bullet wound. It was now saturated red, making me feel queasy. I inspected the hole situated in his abdomen and noticed that the bullet was still lodged in, deeply.

I needed to remove it and remove it immediately, otherwise it could move deeper. In- turn, causing internal damage, he may already have some, but I can't be one hundred per cent sure and I didn't want to make it worse.

"Okay Acer, I need to remove the bullet and it is going to hurt. Just hold my hand tight and try not to scream. It is going to be okay." I assured him, trying to prepare him for what I am about to do.

I push my index finger and thumb into the gaping hole and Acer growls lowly, but painfully, trying to compose his voice.

"Shh, just relax Acer. I know that it isn't going to be easy, but I promise that it will be over in a few seconds." I mumbled, focusing on my task at hand.

Wiggling my finger around slightly in the wound, I tried to distinguish the small metal bullet. It felt warm and sticky and the blood was rushing out of it like it was a waterfall. He didn't look good either, his face was becoming paler and paler, making me nervous. Still moving my finger around I finally come across the metal ball. Sighing in relief I subtly pull it out, trying not to tear anything in him or trigger a heavier flow of blood.

The bullet was between my index finger and thumb, I had no time to inspect it as I needed to stop the bleeding. Grabbing one of the blankets I tried my best to clean the wound and its surrounding areas.

It isn't stopping, I need some thread and a needle. The only way that I am going to stop the bleeding is by stitching up the wound, even if that isn't the correct way to go about it. I knew I had to try and save him. It was my duty as of right now. I need to go into the kitchen, to find anything materialistic that would help me in aiding to Acer's injury. I didn't want to leave him, but I knew that this was the only way that would give Acer a chance at survival. I thought, determinedly.