FHS-Twenty-Three

FAINA
Sam Ray have been quite in the car. I took it upon myself to drive home and he hadn't said a word to me. He was biting on his hand looking outside the window. I heard him cuss and sigh. It was making me very uncomfortable. I wanted the silence between us to leave.

I wanted the old Sam Ray back.

The lonely drive ended when we got home. He got off first from the car and I sat down and heaved a sighed before I joined him. He wasn't seen at the hall when I entered. I stood still looking around the house. The memories we made together was tainted by Carl and I's sex we had in the house.

How does Sam feel when he looks at me and how does he feel when he enters this house? My thinking was interrupted by a call from the wedding planner. I looked carefully at the phone before answering.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi Mrs Ray,"

Not yet. Aly was having his baby. Things have been going wrong and I feel so scared. Was I going to be a step mom? How will it feel like? Will Aly stay still if we go ahead with the wedding?

"We'll like to know the type of flowers you both like so we can start with the flower arrangements too." she asked.

"Just a minute. Let me ask Sam."

"Alright." I walked to the bedroom and Sam was taking his clothes off. He turned from me and I cleared my throat.

"What type of flowers do you want to use for the wedding?" I asked.

"I don't know." he said calmly.

"They're asking for it and she is on the phone right now..."

"I said I don't know! You wanted this so why don't you tell them what type of flowers you want! I need some peace of mind Fay so stop asking me unnecessary questions."

"Sam, I just..." It was better to stay silent. Can someone tell me what I said wrong? I stood at the door looking at him and held in my tears.
It was my fault.

I didn't have the right to complain. I walked back to the hall and picked up the phone. "Uh... can you please use what you think will be best? We don't really know much about flowers."

"Alright. Expect the best from us."

"Thanks." I hanged up and slipped down in the couch. What was happening to me? Sam came out of the bedroom heading towards the kitchen. I got up from the couch and followed him silently. He took out a bottled water from the fridge and gulped it all down. He then put the bottle down and stared at me. His eyes were different.

It was mixed with hurt, anger and confusion.

"Are you going to take care of her?"

"Am I not supposed to do that?" he asked. Why the cheeky tone?

"When are you going to see her again?"

"What do you want to know? Will I sleep with her again?" his tone was giving me the creeps.

"I wanted to know what we're going to do about it."

"Why?" he rested his arms on the table between us and looked at me. "I asked you a question. Why do you want to know?"

"Why are you talking to me like that Sam? What did I do again?" I asked furiously and he smirked. "Are you going to blame me too for what you did to her? Do you feel good when you blame it all on me?" he walked towards me from the table and I took steps back.

He wouldn't hit me. "Stay where you are."

"Why did you break up with Carl again when you tried this much to be with him? Wasn't he giving you what you always wanted?" I stopped moving and stood in front of him facing him like the woman I was.