Chapter 1: Reunited.

You guys know the drill. Y/N for name and all that. If anything else is added, I'll be sure to tell you as the story progresses. Enjoy!

EDIT FROM 2020: Hello everyone! I'm gonna be here for a while editing stuff and fixing any mistakes and spelling errors. Kris will also be referred to as a boy. :) Sorry for the gender inconsistencies! currently fixing that up. (13/05/2020)

"It's been a long time, hasn't it Y/N?" You smile and nod in agreement

"It's been a long time, hasn't it Y/N?" You smile and nod in agreement. "Yeah, it has. How have you been?" The boy smiles, his eyes covered by his thick dark brown hair. "Nothing good, nothing bad. How about you, Y/N?"

You didn't know what to say. Ever since Kris left your home town, you hadn't really been paying attention to anything that happened in your life from that day forward, but you didn't want to tell him that.

"Um...same" For the first time, you didn't know what to say, to Kris or to anyone. You've practised this so many times in your head. Meeting Kris again was supposed to be a time of catching up and reminding one another about the good times, but right now this wasn't the time at all.

You felt awkward around Kris, something that you thought would never happen around him. Your head spun and you looked down at your shoes, wondering what to say.

"You're more quiet from the last time I saw you, Y/N. Is everything okay? I hope I'm not creeping you out too much."

"Nonono, you're not! I just.."

Oh great, now he thinks that he's freaking you out. "I've missed you very much, Kris. I mean it."

Kris nods " Yeah, I've missed you a lot too." You gave him a hug to take away the awkwardness. It worked for the time being.

"Hey um..I have some friends that I really want you to meet." "What? Really?" "Yeah, let's go. They're over in the unused classroom." Kris walked away, slow enough for you to catch up. You follow him.

At this present time you didn't know how to feel. Kris had some friends already from the time he moved away, but you didn't make anymore friends since you really missed Kris. You felt a little envy and a little disappointed; but you realised that he has every right to move on.

"Here, I kinda lied when I said "friends". I only made one friend." He opens the door. That statement made you feel like Kris read your mind and tried to make you feel better about him making friends.

You shivered, Kris has that sort of vibe sometimes. You hear someone's voice.

"Kris, I told you to knock everytime you come in! I thought you were Alphys."

" Sorry, I actually want you to meet someone."

"Well as long as they're not annoying, I don't mind."

You walk into the unused classroom. There were playing cards scattered all over the floor and the walls had evident mold on them. The voice came from the far right corner of the room. "Hey, I'm Susie. What's up?" You were surprised for a second. First, Kris made a friend with a monster and Second, they were forward about it.

You had forgotten about socializing for a second so you froze. "Um..Hey there Susie. I'm Y/N." Susie sat there, rummaging for something from the cabinet inside of the room that looked like it was filled with papers.

You waved and gave an award winning awkward smile.

You closed the door and you sat down, leaning on the wall. Susie looked mean, but you knew that Kris usually sees the good in people. Susie must've been one of those people that Kris just magically changes.

"Hey Y/N, keep a secret for me, Aiight?" Susie pulls out a chalk packet from the cabinet. "Don't tell the teacher that I have all the chalk." Susie smiles and takes one bite out of a chalk stick.

You sit there with the most intrigued look on your face. "What the hell did I just witness?" You accidentally said out loud.

Susie laughs. "Hah! Kris, your friend here is quite a chick isn't she?" Kris smiles. "That was the question I had in my head, the day I caught you eating chalk for the first time."

Everyone erupted into laughter. You took that opportunity to look at Susie a bit more. She had dark brown semi long hair and a fringe that covered her eyes. What's with the eye covering? You wondered. It seems to be a thing. But you thought that Kris and Susie both suited it. You reach into your backpack for the packet of chalk that you had. Usually you would draw all over the pavement after school, but you thought that could wait.

"Hey Susie, "

"Yo?"

"Think fast" You throw the chalk packet into the air and Susie catches
it with her right hand. "Whew, can't let these little beauties break. They're better when they're whole. Nice and crunchy." You smiled an awkward smile and shrugged.

"Thanks, Y/N" She says, opening the packet of goodness.

"You're welcome."

The bell rang. "I don't really want to attend class." You said, slumping off the wall and onto the floor.

Susie and Kris agreed. "Yeah, class sucks." Susie says. You nod, and get up. "Well, there's no other option, this school has limited places so we can't skip even if we wanted to." "Yeah, that's why this school is dumb".
"Hah, every school is dumb!" You say. Everyone erupts into laughter.