Chapter 17: Giving Energy

Enjoy :)

0yasha0

Kristoff

Their shared goal of saving Freya was the driving force that led to the unique union of he and his wolf joining in human form.
The strangest feeling came over his being as he and his wolf merged. It was something he had never experienced in his human form.
Being a shifter was hard to explain to anyone who wasn't.
Yes, they were two, but they were also one.
When he shifted into his wolf form, it was as if his soul mended back to one.
His animal and human instincts blending their values and morals adjusting only slightly. The only thing his wolf ever disagreed with was being intimate with someone who wasn't his mate, more recently his wolf had been pushing him to claim Freya.
His wolfs anger and guilt at the earlier treatment of their mate mirrored his own.
They both understood that those emotions had to be shoved aside in order to concentrate on feeding energy to their mate.
A spike of awareness shot up his spine as heat left his hand. He could feel a pulling sensation from Freya.
Instead of fighting it he gave in and allowed her to take whatever she wanted.
A low humming buzzed all around, as his inner mind's eye searched for that elusive bond.
It was no longer flickering but was solid and looked almost like a river, flowing slowly and steadily from him to her. Distantly he felt warmth in her skin.
He reached out to her and for a mere fraction of time joy filled Kristoff, as their souls brushed up against each other. The rightness of the moment seared through him and finally, the human part of him understood the animal side.
Kristoff knew why his wolf pushed so hard for the completion of the bond. His wolf understood that true contentment and happiness lay in that eternal claim.
Then their souls entwined and Kristoff was catapulted into a tumultuous swirl of emotions.
The betrayal, the hurt, the rage, the sadness she had deep within her threatened to drown him. A second later they were separate again.
It was only then that Kristoff sensed the malevolent presence. He could feel Freya's power building.
His hand tightened around hers. It grated that he couldn't help her fight this unseen foe.
What he could do was continue to channel his own energy to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freya

As Kristoff's soul entwined with hers, Freya felt the joy of his reaction as her shield shattered momentarily. She was swamped with his remorse at the pain he had caused, the anger at himself for the fear he had scented on her, she also saw the flickers of love blooming, flickers that mirrored her own feelings.
Freya knew the hurt she had been feeling couldn't have been so excruciating if she hadn't come to care for the asshole, but to see her own feelings reflected in him gave her seeds of hope.
Shutting herself off from her current thought pattern so she could concentrate, Freya reinitiated her shield.
As Freya had told Kristoff she wasn't a Castor, a witch whose power lay in spell magic. She was an Elemental Witch, a witch who's power held sway over the elements.
Absorbing the energy coming from Kristoff, Freya concentrated on gathering it, molding the wild ferocity of it into a spell that was made up of equal parts protection and banishment.
The process was complicated and difficult. Freya knew each detail had to be precise. Within her minds' eye, she weaved an intricate ball made up of hundreds of strands of electric blue and forest green, with pulses of gold and brown that shot through intermittently.
As she worked, a chant came to mind and she muttered the words on a continuous loop. She had never been good at wording spells, that had been her sister's strength.

"To the Goddess, I pray
To the moon I entreat
To the sun I vow
Entwine and protect
Banish and expel
Balance natures kiss
Disgorge what does not belong"

With the spell now complete Freya opened her eye's.
Above her was an unfamiliar white tile roof. Disinfectant was a subtle scent in the room, and a warm weight was pressed to her side. Instinctively she knew that it was Kristoff.
Freya concentrated on bringing the ball into existence. She felt Kristoff's head raise up, his pupils dilating with surprise, but he stayed quiet raising a hand to keep Cal and Lucy silent.
The orb appeared just above her chest. As she gave voice to the chant that had played in her mind over and over again.
The orb slowly got bigger, expanding out, then in a flash of brilliance, it shattered, the filaments floating on nonexistent air currents, dancing around them.
Suddenly the glittering pieces vanished and an angry male roar faded into nothingness.
She knew the roar had been from the being that had attacked her. What she now also knew was the being had no idea where she was. It was the only reason his initial attack had hurt but not been able to cripple her.
His power had been immense and unlike any other, she had felt. What terrified her the most was that his magic wasn't born of the Goddess, it was demonic in origin.
Only creatures of hell had that level of maliciousness.
A startled gasp caught Freya's attention. Turning her head, she saw Lucy standing there, a phone held at her side in her hand. Cal was behind Lucy in the doorway mouth open in shock.
"The children?" she croaked out, her voice raspy, throat itching.
She watched as Lucy came unstuck, moving toward her.
"They're fine. We put them on the two beds next to you" Turning her head her eyes met Kristoff's for a brief moment, then she glimpsed Jacob and Tillie resting quietly. Their chests rising and falling, that sight always gave her comfort.
Thank the Goddess they were okay.
Looking back to Kristoff she muttered two words before she lost consciousness once more.
"chalepós óneiros"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~