Chapter 3 The Kidnapping

Freya

She hadn't wanted to spoil the cheerful mood by telling the children they were leaving the very next morning, so she didn't. Instead, Freya made all the necessary arrangements, calling their school and then packing all their precious belongings into suitcases. She had this process down to an art now.
It was late by the time she was done. Completely tired she fell into bed wearing just a tank and her underwear.
Jolting awake at the internal alarm bells, telling her someone was on her property. Freya moved as silently as she could, stepping into her closet, opening the secret door she had made that led to Jacobs room. Shaking him awake she held a finger to her lips, pointing back the way she had come, indicating for him to hide.
After Freya got a nod, she watched him climb through, she closed the door behind him. Freya contemplated doing a cloaking spell on him but didn't want to risk it. Knowing that if another Witch was here, they would sense her. Freya moved to Jacobs closet and went to go through the secret door, when a girlish screech rang out in the silence, chilling her bones.
Moving faster than ever, she made it to Tillie's room, only to find the window open. Jumping through she ran after the figure as she went to send a paralyzing spell his way she stopped at the muffled shout inside. No!
Turning as the front door opened another man came out holding a struggling Jacob "Let my sister go" he screamed. Her anger rose a spell forming in her mind. A voice she recognized - though she had just met him - spoke into the night "Come with us".
Whipping her head in the direction of that deep timbre, her anger turned to rage, betrayal beat at her as she stared at her 'mate'.
Swallowing hard, Freya looked around and saw she was surrounded by at least thirty men all of which had to be wolves. The two men holding the children slid into a large SUV. He had gotten closer to her, the heat of his body radiating out "Follow them" he ordered.
Her pride balked at his tone, but he had the children. Though she could battle them, Freya knew she couldn't risk it, not with Jacob and Tillie so close. That was a risk she wasn't willing to take.
Her mate 'the savage' reached a hand out as if he were going to touch her. Freya recoiled from his hand, ignoring the hurt that crossed his face.
Screw him she thought walking to the SUV. Climbing in, seeing both children in the very back. Freya went to them pulling Tillie onto her lap and wrapping an arm around Jacob's shoulder pulling him close to her side. She soothed them with words and touch, telling them that everything will be fine.
Freya just wished she could believe her own words.

The drive to what she could only assume was the Pack-House, had lasted an hour. Her mate introduced himself as Kristoff, she ignored him and all his other attempts at conversation.
At least she no longer had to wonder or to constantly refer to him as her mate when she thought of him.
Kristoff, she rolled her eyes, of course, he had a hot name.
As they drove the forest around her became dense, it felt good to be in the midst of nature. It was also a sign that they were deep in wolf territory, well that and the claw markings on the trees. Freya began to deep breathe she needed control, a clear mind, she had to think, to plan.
Freya felt her anger, betrayal and hurt settle, wild emotions cooling to an unnatural calm.
The house they stopped in front of was huge. It looked to be five stories high made up with a mix of stone, wood, and glass. It was stunning... it was a stunning prison.
They all got out of the car. She settled Tillie on her hip, her small head nestled into the crook of her neck. Freya felt Jacobs' hand slip into her own squeezing searching for comfort. Her back was rigid as she tightened her grip on her children reassuring them silently.
If the worst were to happen she could work a spell to send the children away to the closest coven member. The only problem with that particular spell was the only Coven member she had an exact location for was in Ireland. Sending two people there would deplete her magic, more than likely killing her. "Come" Kristoff indicated for her to proceed him and follow one of the men that had been in the car with them, so she did. The unnerving feeling of his eyes running all over her body was prickling at her senses. Not allowing her discomfort to bleed out, Freya gritted her teeth and kept moving one foot in front of the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kristoff

He followed behind his mate who had yet to tell him her own name. Jefferson had informed him earlier that her name was Faye but for some reason, he didn't think that was true, it didn't suit her.
Kristoff couldn't help but stare at her lush ass as it swayed, her lack of clothing was tearing at his self-control. All that delectable skin on display, it was taunting him, beckoning for him and his wolf to touch. There was no way she would allow it. Not yet.
The pack house was empty as per his orders, he didn't want any interruptions tonight. The only ones permitted to be here were the men that had accompanied him.
The children had been surprisingly calm since they had entered the car. He felt guilt at the fear they had caused. Hopefully, in time they would all feel comfortable here and come to look at the pack as family. He decided to give them the room next to his own. Opening the door for them he stepped aside "The children can have this room until we can make further arrangements".
At his words, Kristoff watched as his mate's arms tightened around her young. Her head turned in his direction and for the first time since the office her gaze met his and stayed.
He and his wolf were immediately put on edge as they looked into a void of emotionlessness. There was nothing there, no recognition of him, no anger, no fear, nothing.
"And where will I be?" she asked her voice was measured, no emotion there either. A perfect mirror of those blank eyes.
"You can sleep here" he pointed to his own room. She shook her head, "No. I will not leave my children.". Her response was firm, unwavering in its protection and he could truly respect that.
"Fine" he growled. With a nod, she walked in turning her back on him. Kristoff worked to quell his agitation. This whole situation was his fault, obviously, and he had no right... but...
She was his damn mate. He had been waiting for this day his whole life, it had finally happened. Sighing he moved to his own bedroom, sitting on the bed he began to plan. His phone vibrated with an incoming message; 'we found four suitcases at the house packed. We bought them along with the children's bikes that were in the front yard' Kristoff smiled, his men were smart.
'Thanks, leave it all in the hall beside their room. The bikes can stay downstairs'.
Kristoff knew his orders had been done when he heard two sets of footsteps in the hall. Poking his head out the door, four large suitcases sat against the wall. Going back to his bed he sat, the sun would rise in a few hours.
He called Cal to organize a visible patrol around the house so his feisty woman wouldn't get any ideas of escape, then set his alarm to wake him in two hours.

Waking at the annoying tone Kristoff got up showered and went into the hall. He could hear soft girlish giggles and muted whispers it would seem his reluctant guests were up. Noting the suitcases were still in the hall he decided it was the perfect reason to knock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~