Chapter 5: Discussions

Freya

Tillie and Jacob were scared, they knew something bad had happened. She moved them to the sofa taking a deep breath she knew this conversation would prove to be a good distraction, as well as provide her with the perfect moment to discuss the lie she had told herself was in their best interest without big wolf ears around who may overhear things she didn't want to be known. Yet.
"Ok, both of you listen up" hearing her tone they sat up straight, their undivided attention on her. "Last night I didn't get a chance to explain. Kristoff and his men came to protect us, we will be staying here for a while. It is safe." They both looked relieved then Tillie piped up "So he knows our secret" Damn! I shook my head "Not yet, but he will soon" Tillie nodded excited "good cause I'm bored" laughing knowing she meant she wanted to continue her magic studies. "What are they?" Jacob's intrigued voice. Goddess but the boy was observant. She was so proud "Wolves. Kristoff is the Alpha".
They nodded looking even more relieved.
"Is Kristoff your mate?" that question - she hadn't expected, especially coming from the mouth of her young niece.
"And what do you know about mates?" she asked back not really wanting to answer quite yet. "Mommy told me stories about wolfies and kitties and teddies and mates," she said dreamily. Freya wondered what a bear shifter would do if they heard Tillie refer to them as teddies.
Her niece loved Disney and thoughts of knights in shining armor. She had described a man to her mother that she dreamed about saving her. Since then she had fixated on any kind of story that related to a prince saving his princess. Freya hadn't realized her sister also told Tillie stories of mates.
"Your mom was the best storyteller ever" she was slightly ashamed of her avoidance tactic, though it worked as Tillie regaled them with said stories. Funnily the stories of outrageous mating's made Freya more open to forgiveness, to trust. Had she become so jaded over the span of her life to forget about the magic of finding a forever kind of love. Knowing shifters as she had over the years Freya also knew the lengths they would go to for their mates. Including kidnapping them. To her own people, a mating was precious, it was sacrosanct. The whole situation had made her look inward, seeing seeds of dark poisonous mistrust, doubt, and lack of conviction. Well... When had that happened?
An hour later a ding sounded from the elevator Jacob and Tillie immediately jumped behind the sofa as she stood, taking a position of protection in front of the sofa. Seeing Kristoff had finally arrived she relaxed slightly. It took her a few too many seconds to realize he was covered in blood, with slowly healing gauges, scratches, and bruises. Her soul cried out at the sight. Emotion clogging her throat "What happened?".
He was looking around, worry creasing his brow. "Where are the children?" her body jolted at the sound of his steel laced tone. Understanding seeped through her haze of worry, he was not mortally wounded... still the sight... It troubled her.
"They're hiding they won't come out till I tell them to, but I think you should shower and come back for us you look..." before she could finish he moved to the bathroom they had thankfully found earlier during their exploration of the huge space.
Tillie and Jacob sat back down with her when she told them to come out from their hiding place.
Ten minutes later he was out and dressed in the same shorts and a deliciously tight dark grey t-shirt that hugged his muscles to perfection, it was a sight that had her licking her lips. By the Goddess, he was most definitely what she imagined the meaning of when she heard the saying a tall drink of sexy water.
Freya saw his eyes darken then turning gold as he watched her movements. So, so sexy. She heard a giggle and was snapped out of the slight trance state. "Who wants lunch," she squeaked trying to break the tension that spun around them in caressing waves. One blink, then two, and the wolf gold receded but the tension still hummed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kristoff

Kristoff sat and listened to the happy chatting of Tillie and Jacob as they ate their sandwiches Faye had made. She had set down a plate with four huge sandwiches in front of him and a bottle of water with a snapped "Eat" his wolf had melted. Their mate was feeding them, taking care of them. The damn thing was acting like a pup rolling around in her scent every time she neared. His gaze stayed fixed on her as she moved around the three of them fussing. He inhaled the food, she made damn great sandwiches.
Kristoff noticed Jacob constantly looking over at him watchful. The young boy had maneuvered so that he separated Kristoff from Tillie with the protectiveness only brothers ever had for their sisters. He and his wolf growled with approval but still, the distrust and weariness grated. Why would a child be as watchful as Jacob?
"Wanna watch a mobie?" the innocent question along with the adorable speech quirk bought Kristoff to the present. Tillie was looking up at her big brother, face flushed with the knowledge that her brother would do anything she asked. Jacob nodded but didn't bend completely "Yeah but It's my choice" The girl pouted but stood and ran out of the room.
Jacob stood looking up at his mother she inclined her head with that Jacob moved to the doorway, he stopped, looking over his shoulder, meeting Kristoff's eyes the warning clear with that he was gone.
Kristoff watched after him amazed that boy managed to hold his gaze. Very few people could.
"Jacob has a will of steel. He will grow to be very strong" a soft chuckle was the replay he got from the woman who was his.
"I know, he is his father's son" her wistful tone had him trying to read her thoughts. There was a deep sadness in her. For the first time, his gut didn't clench at the thought of her being tied to another. Instead, he found himself wanting to comfort her. Moving over to her he did just that. Reaching out a hand, his fingers wrapped around her upper arm. The sensation of the skin to skin contact was like nothing he had ever felt. Tugging her closer she yelped a little. She stumbled into him. The weight of her hands coming up and pressing on his pectorals was a stroke the fur of his wolf rubbed against his flesh.
Kristoff wrapped his arms around her pulling her in deeper. He felt her body freeze then her arms that had been trapped between their bodies dropped and he felt them slide around his waist. Kristoff bent his head down inhaling deeply. His nose brushing her hair, his lips stopping against her ear. "I'm sorry" he whispered. She snuggled into him allowing him to hold her, letting him comfort her.
They stood in each other's arms for a long time. It wasn't enough. Even if he got to hold her for an eternity it would still never be enough.
They parted only because his phone wouldn't stop ringing.
"You need to answer that" the breathiness of her words had his imagination racing at other more intimate breathy words she may whisper as she writhed under him with pleasure. The ringtone invaded.
His greeting was curt as he watched her leave in the direction the children had gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~