Chapter 6: chalepós óneiros

Hi all, So this chapter hasn't been edited as well as i would like. It's pretty rough but i really wanted to release a chapter for you all this week.

Hope you enjoy it :) 

Kristoff

Kristoff left the pack house, heading to the infirmary. It was a separate building about a ten-minute walk away. Arriving he noted the organized chaos, as pack mates ran around gathering supplies. Unfortunately, their pack no longer had a shifter healer. Well it did but her powers were latent no one knew why and he would never disparage their healer by bringing in a stranger. It would break a trust he had with his people. He had to be as loyal and supportive to the pack as they were to him and he liked Lucy she was gentle and warm as all healers seemed to be. 

They did, however, have a fully qualified doctor and three nurses. 

Their young doctor came to him. "Alpha one of the men is severely injured we aren't sure if" she paused gathering herself. Placing a hand on her shoulder he squeezed it in comfort. "We don't know if Wren will make a full recovery" the last word was spoken in a whisper.

Finding the room of the injured soldier who was a close friend Kristoff went to the man's side grief making his wolf howl out in defiance at the prospect of loss. Placing his hands on him he prayed to the moon Goddess and willed his own life force to help aid the healing process.

Kristoff felt his energy travel through his fingertips and flow into Wren. He had only done this a few times in his lifetime, the process always took his strength at a rapid speed, but today, he felt the change in the energy. It was more earthy, wild. Powerful. Unending.
Wren's reaction was immediate, his body relaxing into the bed, the lines of pain that had been engraved on his face smoothing out.
Was this an effect of finding his mate?
Or was it the Moon Goddess answering his silent prayers?

He wasn't sure, but he was thankful. Sensing Wren no longer on the cusp of death. Moving out he headed to find the pack doctor.
Kristoff found Lucy splinting an arm. He waited till she was done and explained what he had done. Her soft smile was tired.

"You need rest Lucy" she nodded

"I know. I'm heading to one of the empty rooms to catch a nap. I've already been told"

He knew one of the Omegas must have talked to her. Trusting in the bonds of pack he let Lucy be.

The next few hours were filled with visiting people and transferring more of that new brilliant, earthy, wild energy, there was so much of the raw effervescence power.
Kristoff was ecstatic at being able to help all the soldiers as well as Lucy and her nurses.

Stepping through the door, Kristoff felt the stillness of the house. There was no murmur of a television, no childish giggles, no utensils clanking in the kitchen.
Kristoff moved around the house heedful of danger, checking each room, the only thing keeping him calm was hearing the three distinctive heartbeats upstairs. It was the quietness in the early afternoon keeping him cautious. The door to their assigned room was closed.
He knocked. Repeatedly. No answer.
Worry suffused his entire being. Taking the master key out of his pocket he unlocked the door and entered.
His eyes went to the bed seeing a flurry of brown silken curls whirling around the furious female. His wolf growled in approval at their mates' readiness to defend. Their gazes locked, she looked relieved then fell back onto her pillow.
Rushing over he saw both children on her other side, breathing deeply indicating heavy sleep.
"What happened? Are you feeling unwell?". He watched as she tried to pull her body up to talk. Kristoff settled his hand on her shoulder applying a slight pressure. Her body lowered back, her voice came on an oh so quiet whisper Kristoff had to lean in to hear her.
"We just need rest. We ran out of energy" Then her eye's blinked one... two... three... four times and then she was lost to sleep. His wolf urged him to stay and protect it kept howling that they were vulnerable at the moment. Not understanding but trusting his wolf, Kristoff grabbed a chair from the corner. He now sat between them and the world. Shielding. Guarding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freya

Freya was lost in the murky depths of chalepós óneiros a healing sleep, fighting for consciousness. Her eyelids felt like they were weighted down. Relief swept through her when her eyes fluttered and she saw Kristoff above, his brow furrowed, lips moving.
Pounding silence beat in her eardrums, snippets of sound etching its way through the waves of nothingness. Concern marred his face. Swallowing hard, teeth gritted Freya exhaled and spoke words she couldn't hear. "We just need rest. We just out of energy" She tried so hard to stay but the óneiros realm beckoned. No one resisted. Ever.
Freya was dragged back down to those murky depths once more. She didn't fight the images once they came. Flashes of memory, an echo of emotion-wracked her soul.
Faye her sister laughing, Lindon her brother-in-law looking at Faye love bright in his eyes. Their coven dancing in fields of wildflowers with wild abandon. The pain that used to suffuse her when any slight evocation related to her sister no longer plagued her heart. Freya's soul soared, the joy of those memories intensified by the feral heat in the physical realm she knew it was Kristoff's presence that grounded her, allowing her heart to begin to heal. Using Kristoff's shifter vitality as an anchor Freya allowed herself to drift in and out of the pages of her own memoir.
The shadowy somber abyss known as the chalepós óneiros had previously only ever been a place leaden with tortuous reminiscence, was no longer a horrid dwelling. It was him. Kristoff.
He eased the burden with his presence. Her mother had once told her that the effects of the chalepós óneiros would ease once she was mated but Freya had not realized how much he could help. She was still vulnerable but with him, by her side, she knew she was protected. The chalepós óneiros served as a healing state for her people. Their souls sent to the óneiros realm - also known as the dream realm – to gather and rejuvenate their own energy reserves.
Today she had felt Kristoff's turmoil, his pain at seeing his pack injured and she could do nothing else but help him. Impelling her own energy to merge with his. It was easier to do because their auras had entwined briefly during their first meeting.
Jacob and Tillie, being so closely connected and shielded by her and still so young, were pushed into a controlled slumber and would wake only once she did.
Warmth crept along Freya's skin, sinking in, settling deep. Breath tickled her neck, the pounding silence receding, A contented low growl rumbled in the chest pressed to her side. Freya delightfully charmed by her mates' scent, rumbling growl and protectiveness, lay still enabling her senses to reach out around her. Jacob and Tillies were still asleep, Kristoff was pleasurably pressed close his nose buried in her neck, the caress of warmth radiating from his mouth were causing the most wonderful tingles in her stomach. Shuddering, Freya tilted her chin down. Her vision filled with the silky temptation of Kristoff's hair bringing her hand up she stroked her fingers through and found that his hair felt like the softest of furs. The low rumble turned into a growl of male satisfaction. Her hand fell away as his head rose landing to rest on his shoulder, amber gold glinted at her. His wolf was staring at her incandescent joy, bright and full of want. Hand raising once more she placed her fingertips on the stubbled jaw. The amber light glowed, his head dropped down and turned into her palm forcing her fingers to slide up so that she now cradled one side of his face. Turning a little more his lips met the skin of her palm in a soft kiss.
Another full body shudder rocked her at the contact her own need, a chorus within. Their eyes collided and held. A thousand things conveyed. Minutes that could have been hours passed by as they enjoyed the togetherness of this enchanting moment. It shattered with his whispered request.
"Please tell me your name?".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~