Another Scar To The Imperfection

Start from the beginning

"3 years, can't even imagine how much you've been through." I say.

"It wasn't easy, but with a strong heart and will I got passed those times. I've accomplished a lot of things in life in those three years and those small things and events in those three years has kept my thoughts from wondering too deep to see Inuyasha. Sesshomaru will be back soon, just hold on a bit longer alright_________? You and Suikyu are pretty close to each other, how are you guys?" Kagome asks.

"He's a great younger brother figure, fun, and kind. He's keeping me company at night and I can talk to him openly, I'm going to miss him when he leaves." I say with a sigh.

"I see, is he filling in that loneliness for you when night comes, because it seems like you and him usually talk at night." Kagome says with a smile.

"Please Kagome, it's not like that. He's like a really good friend, nothing more." I laugh.

We both laugh. It's true, Suikyu is just a friend, nothing more. Sesshomaru is the love of my life, he'll always be.

"Well, it's getting pretty late, you want to head back?" Kagome asks me.

"Yea. Let's head back, guess it'll be us lonely wives." I say.

"Oh wow I didn't notice that." Kagome says raising her eyebrows.

We both burst out laughing, we get up and head back to the village, we bid each other goodnight and turn in. I put on my night wear and blow out the candles, I lay on the futon and turn onto my side. It's been a while since somone else besides me that mentioned Sesshomau's name. It was nice though, to talk about it and get it off my chest. I'm grateful to Kagome. I smile and close my eyes. Time seem to stop but when I open my eyes again, the sun is rising up. It's already been a day since Miroku, Inuyasha, and Suikyu has gone on their exorcism trip. Once again the day carried on like normal, nothing new but another day with friends and loved ones. Morning zips by and afternoon arrives, afternoon falls and evening dawns on the village. I realize that I haven't taken Hidzume out on a walk for a while. I go to find Sango and the others.

"Kagome, Sango, I'm going to take Hidzume out for a walk to stretch his legs. I'll probably be back around dinner time." I tell them.

"Alright, see you soon then." Sango says.

"Yea, see you soon." I wave to them.

I go to the stable and fetch Hidzume, his brown hair gently reflecting on the evening light. I guide him to the entrance of the village, I hop onto his back and ride off into the late orange sky. I decide not to take him to the flower field because I don't want to trample on the luscious grass and blooming flowers. I decide to take him to the beach, since I'm not walking there it's going to be faster. I snap his reigns and Hidzume gallops towards the beautiful beach. It took us about 10-15 minute to get there, the setting sun is beautiful along the horizon. The beach is empty since it's quite late and it's far from the nearby villages. I tie Hidzume to a nearby tree and walk on the sandy ground. The waves are gently crashing against each other, and the course sand covers my sandals. I sit down onto the ground and look out into the vast ocean. The gentle ocean breeze surrounds me, the quietness pulls my mind into a blank canvas state. I close my eyes and let my mind run free, I don't know how long time has passed, but when I open my eyes the sky is almost completely dark.

"I better get back before I make them worry." I say to myself.

I get up but I feel a sudden gust of wind. I freeze on the spot, not knowing what it is. My heart begin to beat faster, I'm by myself here and I'm still quite unfamiliar with the area. I slowly turn around to confront what the thing is. When I'm fully turned, I see a huge bird standing in the sand not too far from me. It's brown and red with a big crest on its forhead, its eyes are crimson red with yellow feathers on the rims. Its beak is hooked and sharp. I know for sure it's a demon bird, and I'm in trouble. I take a step back not looking away from it, oh how I wish Sesshomaru is here. I grab a nearby stick quickly and hold it out like a weapon.