The Second Half Of My Life Begins

Sesshomaru's mother shows a slight smile on her face after looking me over.

"Nice to see you again my son, I see that you have brought_________ here. I must say she is a lovely woman." His mother says.

Her voice is rich and it seems to echo slightly in the sky palace.

"Yes, this is__________, the one that I love." Sesshomaru answers his mother.

"It's an honour to finally meet you My Lady." I say to her.

She turns back to me.

"I can sense bravery and confidence in you, Sesshomaru has told me about you not too long ago. Sesshomaru use to be so quiet and expressionless, but he seems happy when he tells me about you." She says to me.

I can hear Sesshomaru letting out a quiet,"ugh" beside me. I smile deep inside.

"I feel really happy hearing that, I'm happy when I'm with Sesshomaru, and knowing that he loves me back makes me even happier." I say giving her a smile.

"Both his father and I have tried to teach him compassion and the value of life, I suppose a strong minded demon like him is hard to teach. Children will always be stubborn, but it seems like that little girl called Rin has made Sesshomaru change a little and shown him compassion, but it seems like you changed him the most." She tells me.

"Mother..." Sesshomaru says flatly in an unamused tone.

"Seems like love is a strong magic. It can change someone into a completely different person." I say looking at Sesshomaru with a smile.

"It does, doesn't it. When you fell in love with my son, knowing that he was a demon, were you concerned child?" She asks me.

"When I fell in love with him, I didn't care at all that he was a demon. Then somewhere in the middle of our "journey", it did hit me that he is a Daiyokai and that I'm a human. I know Rin taught him compassion, but he was still in the process of accepting us humans. Knowing about him and his views towards humans, I believed that I will never have a place in his life. So I never told him my feelings, I thought then I could walk away with ease and let him find his happiness. Because at that time I thought he loved another person, and I believed, well I thought then that he didn't have any type of feelings towards me like I did for him. So I let him go and returned home, wishing for his happiness and hoping he'll chase after who he loves. Him being a Daiyokai soon began to eat away at me, I loved him but it was difficult everyday not being able to see him or have that short conversation with him. I almost gave up, but Sesshomaru came to find me and brought me back from darkness and my sadness. He told me everything and he told me his deepest feelings and made my feelings for him burn again. We then taught each other that when it comes to love, whether being a human or a yokai doesn't matter at all. We are just living beings that just wants to love that person that we care about. I had many concerns and hardships, but Sesshomaru has helped me overcome them more than he knows." I tell her straightly.

Sesshomaru's mother looks at me with her burning amber eyes as she listened to me. She closes her eyes and nods.

"Child, you have suffered greatly. Passion and love may be beautiful, but it can cause great pain as well. Knowing that you sacrificed your happiness for my son's is very admirable, and I'm grateful for your sacrifice and carrying such sadness with you. You are brave indeed, mentally and emotionally. Sesshomaru has told me that he has asked your hand in marriage, it seems like my son has finally grown up. Seeing that my son is happy being with you, and you with him, I give you two my blessings on your marriage." Sesshomaru's mother says showing a small smile.

I'm surprised hearing those words from her, I  become speechless for a few seconds but that overwhelming happiness pulls me back into reality.

"Thank you My Lady." I say with a big smile.