Our First Words In The Snowy Field

The snow started to fall a tiny bit harder, although it's the evening now. The day became long, it's still bright out. The snowflake falling gently onto the ground almost makes the world around me slow down in time. I smile as I hear Rin laughing and talking to her Lord Sesshomaru, hearing her having a wonderful time with someone so dear to her is heartwarming. I left and went to go find Kagome and Lady Kaede, I helped them prepare for dinner. About half an hour later, the food became all set, Inuyasha and Miroku comes back just in time along with Shippo.

"Welcome back Inuyasha, Miroku." I say to them with a bow.

"Thank you for the welcome__________, please no need to be so polite to us." Miroku says with a kind smile, dusting off the snow.

"Hey_________, looks like your day was quite fun seeing the smile on your face." Inuyasha says with a stretch and shaking off the snowflakes on his shoulder.

"It was alright, I got the chance to know everyone a bit more. It was a lovely day." I said with a smile.

Kagome walks up to Inuyasha and kisses him on the cheek and guides him to sit down. Miroku stretches out his arm and his twin girls and son runs to him, Sango looks at them with a doting smile. Seeing such beauty and warmth from them makes me feel so at home. After the warm gathering we all sit down, when Rin runs in with a new kimono on and with her hair still in the braids that I did earlier.

"Sorry I'm late everyone!" Rin says bowing and sitting down.

"Heard that Sesshomaru came by Rin, seems like it was a nice visit. You also got a new kimono from him." Kagome says with a smile.

"It was a nice visit, yes, he brought me this new kimono and it's beautiful. I think it fits perfectly with the braids that big sister_________ did for me as well." Rin says happily.

"It looks beautiful on you Rin. Say, isn't Lord Sesshomaru eating with us?" I asked looking at everyone.

"Oh Lord Sesshomaru left after dropping by, he never really stays long." Rin says picking up her bowl.

"You don't need to call him "Lord" Sesshomaru___________, he never eats with us because he doesn't eat human food. So you don't need to worry about him." Inuyasha says eating his rice.

"Oh... I see.. still, I would like to meet him." I said picking up my bowl.

"You haven't met him yet___________? Did you not meet him outside of Rin's hut?" Kagome asked surprised.

"Well, I bumped into him but we didn't talk or anything, he just kind of walked passed me." I said quietly.

"Not a surprise, Sesshomaru doesn't talk much, especially to humans since he's a demon. But he seems to have a soft side to Rin. He's not a bad person, he's just hard to get close to and he's just recently started working on his human accepting phase. So don't take it personally if he doesn't talk to you___________." Sango says helping her son with his food.

"Oh... I see." I said putting a slice of meat into my mouth, my eyes gazed downwards.

An hour went by, we finished eating after enjoying a nice dinner. The guys turned in after bidding us ladies goodnight. Rin went to bed too, and I helped Sango tuck in her children. Shippo went to bed as well. Lady Kaede went to the shrine and said she'll turn in after. Kagome prepared tea for us as Sango and I came back. We sat down and enjoyed a nice tea session with small chats.

"I heard from Rin herself that her parents died when she was really young. It must've been really hard for her." I said.

"Yes, poor Rin's family were killed by bandits, but good thing that she met Inuyasha's brother Sesshomaru. He took her with him on his journey to find Naraku, but he never put her in danger." Kagome says sipping her tea.