A Wish To A Dream, To Reality

I run while carrying my koto with me, my mind is in so much confusion right now I can't even think straight. Why is he here? Was it really real? Or am I still dreaming? I run until I reach the front of my house. I fling open the door and I drop my koto onto the ground. At this point I'm completely mentally and emotionally exhausted once again, and out of breath. I'm panting and I fall on my knees at the entrance of my house. My mother comes out after hearing the noise. She comes running towards me and kneels down.

"____________, what happened? Are you alright?" She asks me concerned.

I breathe in deeply and try to steady my breathing.

"I'm fine... don't worry." I lie to her.

"Clearly something happened, you need to tell me. I can perhaps help you." My mother says.

I look at her and I had enough of all these emotional struggles finally. I decide it's time to let them out and have my mother help me.

"Remember that someone that I told you that I met on my trip?" I ask her.

"Yes, what happened? Did he come find you?" She asks me.

"I don't know if he came because he wanted to see me, but he is here... I met him but I ran away from him." I tell her truthfully.

"Why did you run away from him after meeting him?" She asks me calmly.

"I don't know actually.... I don't know why I ran away... He actually asked me something similar." I tell her.

She then sits down and looks at me.

"I don't know who this person is or what he's like, but since he asked you something similar to what I asked you, then he might want you to face your turmoils. I might have forgotten but who's the one that walked away?" She asked me.

"....... I did.... I walked away without actually telling him my feelings for him..." I tell her looking at the ground.

She then place a hand on my arm.

"Now I understand the whole story... So you ran away without telling him your feelings, but you also don't know his feelings. If there were a possibility that there could've been something in the time that you two have known each other, you abandoned that chance. You ran away from the chance of a possible happiness with him. You ran away already_________, since he's here now... don't run away again. Don't let that chance of happiness slip away from you again. Since you look so distraught and stressed out lately, I assume it's because of him? He must've been someone really special and important in your life." She asks me with a smile.

"How did you know?" I ask her surprised.

"A mother's intuition, besides I am a woman after all. Who's important in our life we know best, and our emotions takes over us like a storm when we love someone dearly. That's what makes us human, we fear the unknown, we can love someone so much that it can hurt us. And when we lose someone we love dearly it can destroy is. You still love him don't you?" She asks me.

I look at her, my fear finally resolving slowly. My mind is beginning to clear up.

"I do.. I love him so much, it pained me so much to part from him that day. I thought by letting him go it was for his happiness, because I thought I'll never stand on the same ground as him in life. I thought it was best for him." I tell her with tears in my eyes.

"Sometimes you have to think of your own happiness instead of others, you have to take the risk, believe in possibilities. If you love him, don't let him go this time. Don't run away from a possibility of happiness, grab onto it this time and don't let go." She tells me with a warm smile.