Chapter 54 - It's Our Anniversary

Start from the beginning

"It is nice to meet you, Cade. The two little ones coming out of the pool are our twins, Día and Rocco. And, the two little ones sleeping in the playpen are our babies - Isabella and Kekoa."

"Día and Rocco, say hi to Mr. Cade."

"Hi. Mommy, come back in the pool with us." Then, all three of them got back in the pool with Noeli.

"You have a very beautiful family, Cris."

"Thank you. I love my family and will do anything to protect them."

"Who is the guy and girl in the lounge chairs?"

"That is my wife's bodyguard, Jake. And his girlfriend, Brianna. The other woman in the pool is my brother's bride-to-be, Noeli. My brother, Marco, and my wife's father, Kalani, are the ones on the grill. A few more members of my family are coming as well."

Marco came over. "Marco, meet our new neighbor, Cade Dawson."

"It is nice to meet you, Marco. I thought you looked familiar. You are the model, correct?"

"That's me. It is nice to meet you too. The food is ready, so help yourself."

"Thank you." Then, Cade walked over to introduce himself to Kalani.

"What's his story? He sure was focused on the pool as soon as you both stepped outside, especially on Kam."

"He said he recently lost his wife. She passed away. Maybe Kamea or Noeli reminds him of his wife."

"Maybe. Hopefully, that is it and nothing else."

"That better be it. Or, he will end up like Reed, Candi, and Miranda - nowhere to be found." I don't play when it comes to Kamea and the kids. "Everybody, out of the pool. The food is ready."

"Aww, do we have to, daddy?"

"Yes, you do."

"Okay, daddy." They all came out of the pool. "Go wash your hands and I will fix you something to eat."

They all went inside to wash their hands, then came back and took a seat to eat their food.

"I need to apologize to you and your wife, Cris. When I saw her in the pool, she reminded me of my wife. I'm sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable."

"I didn't really notice. But, I accept your apology and would like to offer my condolences. Losing a loved one is really hard. But, with the right support system, it will help with the grieving process. I lost my mom last year. Cris, my family, and friends have helped me, my sister, and my dad cope with her passing."

"WAAH!!"

"WAAH!!"

"Duty calls. Mommy to the rescue. If I don't make it back out here, it was nice meeting you, Cade."

"I'll help, Kam." Both Noeli and Kamea went to get the twins. "We will be right back. They both need a diaper change and a bottle." Kamea and Noeli took Isabella and Kekoa inside.