Chapter 49: Tokyo Tomfoolery

(Note: This chapter contain many Japanese terms)

Tokyo, 28th December, 07:32 AM

The air was still so cold. Mark of snowflakes still seen through the architecture and the nature itself. From trees to the roads, as far your eyes can see from its overhead bird's eye view, the winter overtook the bright joy of the Asian landscape. However, remnant of its green beauty still can be seen through when your eyes travel further beyond the hills, in the countryside where rice field still groomed and boomed. A morning in Japan as the sun rises hold such mystical aesthetic that enchant the eyes of the wanderer.

Meanwhile, at the Tokyo International Airport, commonly known as Haneda airport, a plane just landed safely and its turbine gradually stopped. When the door opens, cold air greet the passenger. Most wore thick outfit, scarf, mittens, some even got furred boots and fur coats.

This plane is from Europe, Hessenstadt. Dozens of the passengers walk down from the stars, some are observing, amazed, excited to finally see the dreamlike Asian nation by themselves. Some aren't as interested as the rest, as some came here for a job. The one with the most stale, sleepy face is Fahmir von Stadthelm from Hessenstadt's SPD, Mirage division. He didn't sleep nicely last night, and only nap for an hour as the plane fly to Japan.

"Whoaaaa so this is Japan?" Melisa open her two arms and run around the airport. Laya follow quickly from behind. "Hey Melisa! Selfie time!!" And they start the portrait. Double peace.

Noir smiled from the distance, while Almerich study the signs carefully, switching his eyes between them and his guidebook. He's one among the group that could actually read Japanese, but unlike (most) of those in his friend circle, he's one that isn't Japanese enthusiast in the "otaku culture" and thus can be said as one among the non-geek when it comes to this. Meanwhile, those such as Noir and Tybard never study Japanese, but learned more than what they should from anime and manga. Same can be said to Laya, Melisa, Adalbert and Christine. Danny and Johan are the cultured one who focus more on the culture itself than the modern media. Gourd is as ever, the one who didn't find interest in anything, even this.

"Kids, group up first before you get lost. Remember, we got a mission to do." Reynold reminds them.

"Yes siiiiir~" Melisa and Laya responded in the distance, giggling and waving their hands. Reynold sighed.

Among all the young generation of the Mirage unit, they decide to bring huge number of the teams: Noir, Almerich, Melisa, Laya, Gourd, Danny, Johan, Tybard, Christine, and Adalbert are coming. This is different than the Balearic trip. Their enemy are unknown, and even IF the enemy aren't seen yet, the threat of youkai night parade is imminent in massive scale.

Fahmir sighed as he resist the urge to smoke, while his two hands hold onto a map. "Geez, this is not a picnic...." It earned a tap on his shoulder from Reynold.

"Come on, lighten a little. Even for me, this is quite of an exciting journey. Japan is such an exotic, culturally colorful nation and we should enjoy our stay." He cheered his friend, that shrug with "I guess" gesture.

Then, Fahmir spot the canteen, and an aroma of its fragrance bring his attention immediately. "I'm going to drink for a minute. You guide the kids." He said and leave just like that. Reynold chuckled. After his old geezer attitude, he himself decide to enjoy himself.

The groups continue their journey through the airport as long escalator tunnel with clear wide glasses presented the outstanding sight of the capital city, Tokyo, even with bit of the Fuji mountain that seen beyond the distant cloudy blue horizon. Some of the teenage are amazed, still hard for them to believe that they're really in Japan now. And the whole trip are free!