Chapter 7: His name is Varain

Gunshot heard in the large chamber of their holy place. He persist to aim his target even if he's trembling in fear. He desperately fire all the magazine, but none have means against his target.

"Who... What the hell are you!? How... How can human do that!?"

His voice echoing...

No help will arrive to him. What stand in front of him and his death is only a man. A man with hair flow through the air, blown by the dust. A hair as dark as the night.

"Tell me his name..."

He ask. His voice is as cold as the tip of his blade, which already pointing to the throat of the old man. His fear overwhelm him, the gun he hold tightly bring no help for him now.

"Don't kill me... I ... I will tell you everything... I'll tell you his name...!!"

__________________________________________

Meanwhile...

Redshore, 15th District, 00:28 AM

The place isn't so big. A court of basketball solely made for street sport. Its side are crash down with objects and what seems to be human, stuck, for a reasons.

"Not going to attack? Come on.."

A young man in scarlet coat are standing still in one side of the arena. His hair sticking up just like blades, fitting with his sharp eyes.

On the other side, two young man was preparing for any movement of the enemy. Tension accumulate high, as if the court filled with fierce aura caused by their killing intent and accumulated emotions.

"Fine then." The scarlet hooded one took a step and dash in untouchable agility to the other boys. In less than two second, he could reach the other side of the court, as he leap in a powerful jumping strike.

The white haired one react by instinct and put his cyan colored blade as his cover. The aggressive enemy put his left hand to the back, gaining energy to strike the phantom blades that get in his way.

Light spark as he crash the barrier with his bare hand strike. He spring back to his territory, still with the same grin, doesn't seems to even feel slight pain. He look at his fingers, observing them in the court spotlight that shower them from up ahead.

"Hmmm.... not bad. It's also kind of solid, quite strong... But I think its not so good for defensive purpose. Why don't you attack now?" He taunting his enemy. Instead of mocking, it's more like he anticipated for an attack. A pure excitement in battle, unable to wait for what kind of attack that may come.

"You..." The blue eyed boy create more sword, as it float and materialize out of thin air. "Your name Varain? What do you after for!?" He still try to ask, while he know that his opponent doesn't seems to be the type that willing to cooperate through talk.

"That again? If I need to say..." He crouch, put his rough palm to the ground. He concentrate his power on his ankle and leap once again. This time he jump in non-linear pattern, landing in the sides first before getting to his prey. "If I need to say, it's all just for fun! Now fight me for real!!"

The silver haired boy try to read the movement of the agile hunter. He thrown blades to the black-scarlet-haired one. He dodge one, and punching the incoming other blades with his bare hand, again.

Even more blade formed as the master cross two of the large blade as his shield. "You can't be serious! You do it all for your entertainment!?" The wild hunter twist his body, and land a downward kick. "I'm serious, Noir Thompson."