Chapter 19: Insurgent

Grand Parlour Mall, Outer Park, 15:07 PM

"Condition red, Noir. A large group of thugs just sabotage the highway, causing mess as they go to your location!" Fahmir inform the teenage from his phone. Noir know best that escape is worst that facing them without preparation, as it will add more unnecessary destruction and potential of harming civilians.

"Fahmir, we may need some backup. Do you had anyone free at time?" Noir ask. The older man did not answer instantly, and reply with, "Wait. I'll call you again." Then he hang up.

The five was waiting in the back entrance of the mall. Other than had wide park, the place also less crowded, easier for the incoming fight. In case of riot, and to prevent casualty, the mall already close to public, a terrorist attack for simpler public report.

"This is bad, we had no information of the enemy. How many will come, from where, and with what motive? Moreover, our position was bad..." Almerich list his thought, nothing else to do than waiting and preparing the situation. "Relax Almer, its just bunch of bandits. Even hundreds of them are meaningless against us." He smile, try to lift the stress of his friend.

In fact, Almerich did not get frustrated, leave alone afraid. He only prepare to welcome the battle with information on hand. In other hand, Noir was worried on who Fahmir might sent to them now.

Just ask being spoken, Fahmir call again. Noir answer, hoping for a great deal. "We sent Johan there by now, he's the only non-lethal agent in free charge." As soon Fahmir mentioned the name, Noir frown. "Johan? Why not you or Reynold? We need someone on at least level S Phantasm." He complaint.

"The formation of your five already powerful to wipe out an entire mafia family. You need no more powerful people to take down thugs, doesn't matter how many and whatever they use against you." He calmly explain. "We're against human, and we wish no unnecessary bloodshed, unless required. Someone like Reynold will only fry them to ashes, so he's a definite nope for the situation." All he said was true.

"Non-lethal Phantasm of your team, minus Phantom Blade and Bow of Artemis, should do the job just fine." He lighten his tone, seems confident in the capability of his unit. Not an overstatement, as Mirage unit does not officially acknowledge by the world without proven quality of their uncommon abilities.

As Noir about to speak, Fahmir continue his long speech. Typical. "Additionally, not only can heal the wounded, Johan also could apprehend the whole gang with his Phantasm to put them into unconscious state." He end his reasoning. "Okay, got it Fahmir. We'll await for him, but make it quick as it felt they coming soon." He agreed on deploying Johan now.

"Don't worry, he's not the main trump card. If you didn't get informed yet, I already sent Tybard even before you called, in case we need some extra backup." Fahmir speak, replied by Noir in an instant, joyous excitement. "Tybard come!? Ohhh man, this gonna awesome!" He express a little too much of an excitement. Tybard is indeed a man that Noir respect, and also the one who taught him how to fight, in CQC way.

"I told him not to use his full potential, since we don't want anyone to die. But... You take care of the decision by yourself. I give the full authority of all the Mirage unit dispatched into this event that they could took the decision by their own. Show them what happened when they mess with us, Mirage unit!" He finish his motivational speech with a burning passion, aimed to arise the morale of his units.

As the phone end, just as they prepared, an incomming transmission from the police heard by their handheld transceiver. "They coming from North!!... No, from everywhere!" The communication cut off, and the teenagers know what to do. As soon the hint of vehicles coming to their location, Almerich step front and arise his arm. "Let me do the welcome." He speak to Noir.