Chapter 24: Disappearance

It's just like an ordinary morning for him, unless he spend his free time in the canteen of SPD even though he didn't had a better things to do.

"Heaven... This is heaven..."

Noir are busy digging into his sandwich with his usual coffee, meanwhile there are a yellow-haired girl in front of him, sipping a warm chocolate milk like she never had one.

"You never taste a chocolate milk before?" Almerich speak to her, much to their surprise. "No, but it's not this good." She take another sip. "Ahhh Hessenstadt are such a nice state, isn't it?" She enjoyed the warm milk too much, but it's understanding since she mostly just stay in cold area such as Russia, so she must love warm beverage.

"Other than the ridiculous tax, yes it is." Noir finally speak, which welcome by Almerich's giggle. "Noir you need to stop being so broke. I told you to conserve your saving, didn't I?" He's being half serious, though his tone are still cherry.

Surprisingly, for a cold day, the group are having such a great mood. Probably because it's been so peaceful post the bandit-terrorizing incident. The SPD got such a high praise for their success, and Fahmir are busy speaking as their representative.

Meanwhile, Laya take a short holiday, while Gourd returned to his home in the village. Tybard decide to stay for a while, but he didn't do much other than to search for a sparring partner. Noir, Almerich, and Melisa just spend their peaceful day...

It's too peaceful, something felt off...

"Ohh, this is the 6th case for this week." Noir just start reading the newspaper, and the headline already talking about the disappearance series lately.

His two companion glance at him, still eating their own meal. "This one are a young photographer, and... Mother and her 11 years old son?"

It's been five days since a mysterious disappearance happened, and while the SPD already investigate, they found nothing. All they know is that the case happened on a small village called Blightsmire.

"Weird... Fahmir didn't issue any order yet." Almerich take another bite in his apple pie as his eyes analyze the newspaper. "Well, public maybe just hear about it this week, but the rumor that it's been happened for quite of time."

Noir glance at the newspaper, showing the image of the beautiful mountain sceneries of Blightsmire. "Could it be that Fahmir had some plan, but didn't want to told us yet?" He speculate. The two others are thinking as well, and only the boy answered. "Could be. He's not the type who overlook on small case just because he got bigger business to do."

Just as they're done eating, a familiar man entered the canteen. He bring plastic bag filled with snacks and in his side, there are a young man with blue hair and red headband. It's Reynold and Tybard.

He joined the tabble as he open the snacks. Most are a snack bar, biscuits, cereal, milk boxes, and instant noodle. Noir gaze at the wide array of foods and took an assumption based on the fact they all an instant food that could last long yet enough to fill your stomach. "Are you going for a trip?" He asked.

Tybard nod. "We're going for a trip, and you guys included. So pack it up, because we'll go to Blightsmire tomorrow." His word hit the three right in the spot. Just when they're done talking about the it, now they're going there.

"So, you must heard about the disappearance case. Fahmir are doing his own research despite being busy, and as he finally had the time, he quicken his plan to tomorrow. He said that he got a vision, and it's not a good one." Reynold are speaking with his usual serious manner.