Chapter 29: A Prayer and A Plead

I'm not sure for how long we've been here, but for me, it felt like longer than it should be. Have it been a day? I don't know. There is no light in here...

Almerich tried to wiggle away from his location, but it's meaningless. He and the rest of the captured Mirage unit are kept inside a cage. No one can untied them when everyone are tied to their back. They cage seems to be enchanted with a certain spell to deactivate their Phantasm. Clearly, the lady that do this isn't a newbie. She maybe an actual witch that survived the carnage long ago, Almerich thought.

"Almer... What... Happened?" Melisa seems the first one to awake among the three. Tybard and Christine still unconscious due to the paralysis effect that they had before. Luckily, he, Noir, and Danny isn't unconscious, so they can see the whole scene and understand their situation.

"Long story, Melisa. The point is, we're captured and we can't use our Phantasm in here." Almerich simply tell her what she need to know and unwilling to share their experience since he's too tired to even do. Noir know he do, so he do the job. "We found the missing peoples, but someone that they called as The Priestess in our way. Not only had a Phantasm, she's also can use magic. Her magic are far greater than the basic spell that Almerich once do, so she must be a genuine magician." Almerich glance at him with his sharp red eyes. "Sorry if mine is just a basic spell."

Noir sighed. Though he know that the boy did not get upset because of such small words, he still sometimes too sensitive. Oh well, that's Almer for him. Angst-filled and grumpy.

"Anyway, seems I know at least the frame of the picture." Almerich then turn around and try to sit down. It's hard since his hand are tied to the back along with his belly. "This so-called priestess, named Isabella, if my ear are correct, are brainwashing the villager, at least most of them. The rest sound like your ordinary cultist story, involving sacrifice and awakening their god. What we should worried is that the cultist could actually cast magic, and their leader is a powerful witch with a Phantasm. So far, I only see Reynold that capable to defeat her Phantasm... The problem is that she also could defend and disable our attack with her magic."

No one had a solution for that. All they do is sighing, brainstorming, and gawk in awe, especially Melisa who did not meet the priestess yet. "This is really bad..." Noir bit his lips gently in frustration. "Maybe we could destroy her barrier with a really powerful attack? Like my Golden Ray Judgement?" Melisa tried to come up with a solution. Almerich didn't really confident on an idea that relying simply on destructive power, but it's possible. "Maybe. We don't even know about what kind of spell that she use to protect herself."

"At least, you know about her Phantasm, right?" Suddenly, another male joined the discussion. Tybard turned out to be awake already, and just listening to the conversation. So does Christine, that had no information or solution, so prefer to stay silent. After all, action and battle is not her thing.

"Seems to be plant manipulation, or creation. She summoned what seems to be wood arms from the ground, either she turned roots into that, or simply growing one. If it's the second one, then it's going to be hard since it mean she can use her power anywhere she please." Almerich answered, and Noir nod. "Her Phantasm is weak, but it's could cover large range, and she can attack us from safety. I think her level is around A or S."

Melisa seems to be thinking hard. He only catch some of the theory, but so she focused on her power level. "Then, does anyone know about the level of those three bandit that we fight not so long ago?" She asked, searching for comparison. "The two minor guys probably in level B or A, but their leader seems to be in level A. His Phantasm is powerful, but it's impossible to reach level S yet since he just got his Phantasm somewhere before the event." Almerich replied with simply his deduction.