chapter twenty-five

---Kanai---

Survival mode was planted into me so I did what Jacob had trained me to do on days were he was too lazy to teach something very important, as what he calls it. I did a small back flip, which had me handing onto the edge of the balcony. I realized Ailani wasn't standing above me anymore and I looked down seeing her hang from my legs.

I climbed up pulling her with me, then I saw something that instantly made me want to kill her. I turned to her and she had her hands over her mouth. "Y-YOU DID THIS!", I screamed at her.

"I'm sorry Kanai", she said. Tried to hold my cry in, my nose scrunched up and my lip quivering. Anger was just coming off of my body. I grabbed the gun and pointed it towards her.

"D-Don't shoot, Sissy please!", She said. "You can torture me all you want just don't kill me", she pleaded with her hands up.

"J-Jacob told me to never kill somebody over him-", I took a pause to breathe. "- But you tried to me, and him", I said cocking the gun back.

"Kanai, please! I didn't mean to!", he screamed.

"I heard that many, many times in my life, and you know what I say?", I asked her letting tears fall down my eyes. " Don't fuck with whats mine", I snarled. Pulling the trigger once, watching it enter threw her forehead, instantly killing her. My own sister.

I dropped to my knees and crawled over to Jacob, He was breathing heavily. I put pressure on his wound but blood kept coming out of his shoulder. I began shaking, crying, and panicking at the same time.

~~

The police came and I faked the scene to make it seem like she killed herself. I hid in my room as they took him to the emergency room and bagged Ailani's body. I closed my door and waited for them to leave, which by the way took forever. I looked at Jacobs keys sitting on my dresser and I grabbed them. I drove to headquarters, speeding down the back streets.

I busted threw the doors of the building and I ran to Kayla's room. I opened her door and she was facing her computer as if she didn't hear me walk in. I sat down in her chairs in front of her desk.

"I knew you would come", she said calmly. I told her everything, about what happened.

"But, she tried to take what was mine! She always does this! And I need Jacob right now! Not some bitch ass hoe like her trying to get with him! But I killed her! I could have just beat her ass b-but... I KILLED HER!", I screamed and cried.

Beeping came from her computer and snapped her head towards it. "Kanai! Calm down for the baby!", she yelled at me. I couldn't get what Ailani did out of my mind, why would she do that after I told her I was pregnant?! Did she want me to be alone? Why did she try to kill Jacob? Why did I kill her? I'm going to rot in hell and die. I know Keisha going to kick me out when I tell her. She wanted me to be alone! On the streets, she probably would had turned me in if I didn't kill her! Then I would had been in jail and my baby would-

Kayla slapped me across my face. I held onto my face and begin to calm down.

"Thanks", I said rubbing my face.

"No problem. But we have you scheduled tomorrow to take your chip out ", she said disappointed.

"Wait! Why??", I yelled feeling my anger began to slowly rise.

"You know. When you have a child the chip could give the child a birth defect cause its so strong and we have to take it out before your 5 months pregnant", she explained.

"Who's having a baby?", Dre asked coming into her office with his eyebrow raised.

"Kanai, do you want to tell him?", she asked looking at me. I shook my head, I know Dre likes me but, he's overprotective. "Kanai's pregnant. With Jacobs baby", she said exited but disappointed. "And she killed her sister over him", she said

"No I didn't! She tried to kill him so I killed her!", i yelled slowly turning and faced him.

He slowly shook his head. "Do you know what you got yourself into?!", he screamed at me. "You know we have to pull that chip and when we pull it you cant get it back in!", I turned to Kayla and I shook my head.

"What he's saying isn't true right?!", I asked as my anger began to build up. She sighed and hesitated to say something.

"It-" I cut her off.

"Why didn't you tell me?! Why didn't y'all tell me this before?!", I screamed at the both of them.

"We didn't know your hoe ass was going off fucking niggas!", He yelled at me.

I got out of the chair walking towards him. "Don't you go there with me last time I checked you got 3 girls pregnant at once and forced them all to get an abortion or you would kill them", I yelled. Kayla gasped. He looked at Kayla then back at me.

"Were taking it out today and lets hope Mrs. Perez never comes back", he snarled and began walking away.

"Y-your kicking me out?!", I screamed at him

"No, were not.", he said turning towards me. "You got yourself into this mess, I'm guessing it was your easy way out", he said glaring at me

"You think I want to leave y'all?!", I yelled

"I didn't think that, I know it. You did it once when you moved to Florida, so why wouldn't you want to again?", he said finishing the sentence and walking away. I turned to Kayla and she didn't make eye contact with me. ( More confusion I'm guessing... Kanai was born in Hawaii, they moved to California where she joined the QK ( Mafia name) then she moved to Florida without telling dre and Kayla, then she moved back to California. I hope that clears something up)

"Your gonna let him do this?!", I yelled at her. "Your just going to sit there and let him talk to me like that?! What kind of-", she cut me off

"Go to Room 24 to get it removed", she said calmly not looking at me. I wiped my tears, and mugged her. I cant believe that they think I want to leave, its like they ganged up on me or something. They're gonna regret it, I don't know how but they will. I walked out of her office slamming her door so hard everyone in the hallway looked at me. I walked down the hallway full of lurkers and walked into room 24. I heard gasps and gossip before I entered the room.

New chapter coming later this week. Imma be updating a quite more often cause I really want to get done with this book. Like I got the ending all planned out and everything! I cant wait for this book to be finished.