chapter three

A black Range Rover parked on the rode in front of us, I raised an eyebrow as the window slid down. "Get in the car", Aunt Keisha growled at me. After tapping Khalil for a while I just slapped the side of his head. He shot his head up looking around in panic. "She's here", I said. He calmed down a bit before getting up. I walked over to the passengers seat as Aunt Keisha glared at me all the way there. 

I opened the front door and a boy with braids sat there looking at me in confusion. "Hi", he smiled a crooked smile. "Ray get in the back", Aunt Keisha said pointing to the back. 

"But there ain't no room", he whined. I shrugged my shoulders as he got out. I shut the door and rolled the window down. "You could sit in the trunk", I said smiling. He rolled his eyes before walking towards the back of the car and climbing into the truck. "Quick introduction", My Aunt Keisha said slamming onto the gas. 

"Guys this is Kanai, she's my niece and she'll be staying with us-", A boy with an Afro cut her off. "how long?", he asked with an attitude. "For-", I cut her off. 

"How long I need nigga, its not like its gonna effect you in any way", Furious about his attitude I sharply turn back in my seat. "Anyways-", he cuts her off once again.

"Now all I asked was for how long, and now you got an attitude. Bish Whet?", he says as the boys in the car laugh. "I swear on my sisters' grave I will kill you", I mumbled. "Huh? What waz it?", he said in a weird voice as the boys laughed again. Before I could turn around and shoot him my aunt pushed me back in my seat. "Its not worth it", she says.

"Now, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted", she says taking a glance at Afro. "Afro is Jacob, two braids is Rayan-

"Call me Ray", he said smiling.

"- haircut is Elijah, and light skin haircut is Chresanto", she finishes. I wave to them smiling and come how made eye contact with Jacob, I mugged him before turning around towards the front. "So Kanai, want to tell me about why your all over the news?", Aunt Keisha asked not taking her eyes off the road. 

"Did you watch it?", I asked glancing at her. "Hell no I didn't watch it I want you to tell me!", she screamed at me. I pulled my phone out and looked myself up on YouTube then clicking onto one of the videos. "Just listen." 

"Kekipi, the country's first woman to have killed over 150 innocent people in a year. We heard that this woman is so good as covering her tracks it seems that she's "invisible"  being that she's also a master at disguise she's smart. Listen to what Chief Harrington has to say"

"This woman touches anything a normal woman would touch on a regular day, we've watched the video clips and she doesn't seem to cover them up, its almost as if she doesn't have a fingerprint. Now the name Kekipi is what she wanted our officers to call her being that she had written a letter after killing our officers. We looked up the meaning of Kekipi, being that its Hawaiian for "The Rebel"  our officers and the FBI are still trying to figure out this girls' face since in every recording its covered. We will get back to America once we find her."

"Chief Haven Harrington one of Flordia's Police Department Sheriffs has-

I stopped the video as she were to go on about Chief Cunningham, or whatever his name is. Aunt Keisha slammed onto the brakes as we all leaned forward pushing ourselves back off of something. "One-Hundred and Fifty people? Kanai I swear on my daddy's' grave! When you told me you were in trouble I thought you had meant that your mom kicked you out. Then I see you on the news and now that I have heard it your- your a killer Kanai!", she screamed at me. 

"I would like to prefer the word Assassin", I said not taking a look at her. 

"Dude how are you dating a serial killer", Elijah asked Khalil. "She actually hasn't killed as many people as I thought she did", Khalil said. Everyone looked at him in shock and terror before he continued what he was saying. "I mean, like, compared to the shit our peers have been through, now for headquarters she's the top assassin in the gang she's a beginner.", he said. Aunt Keisha slowly turned to him with her eyebrows raised. 

"Khalil sweetie, how many people have you killed?", She asked. He looked up at the ceiling thinking about his last update of people he killed. "Lets just say thousands", he said smirking as if he was gloating about himself. Aunt Keisha eyes became wider as she turned back to the road and slammed back onto the gas. The rest of the ride was silent besides me and Khalil laughing as their faces. 

As we pulled into the driveway of her house I looked at it in awe as she had upgraded from the last time I was here. "You and Khalil's room is the room at the end of the right hallway on the left.", She said as everyone got out. "Thank you", I said getting out of the car. She nodded before walking inside with us. 

Once we found our room Khalil fell onto the bed and began to get comfortable. I walked into the bathroom and looked for some scissors. Once I realized there weren't any in the room I walked down the hallway to one of the rooms and opened a random door. As I walked into the room it was like hippie paradise. Posters of rock bands laid onto the wall and the walls were painted black. Such a dark-light room, if that makes any sense. I didn't even realize there was someone in the room before Jacob walked out of the bathroom in only a towel. 

"Hey! Do you need something?", He asked waving his hand in my face. I blinked multiple times from my space staring and looked up at his face and dripping curly hair. "I need some scissors", I said. He turned around and handed me a pair of green scissors. "Thank you", I said turning towards the door. "Kanai", he said, I turned towards him with my eyebrows raised. "I saw you staring", he said smirking.  I walked out quickly and went to my room. I shut and locked the bathroom door before looking at myself in the mirror. 

"He's cute", I mumbled to myself sighing. "Time to cut this hair", I said lifting up the scissors and began cutting. I then grabbed the dye I had my aunt go out and buy and I dyed my hair. 

Once I was done I finally came out of the bathroom with a new look and a new attitude. "Oh you look pretty", Khalil said glancing at me before going back to the TV. "What are you watching", I asked looking at the TV than the time. 

1:38am

"The rerun of The Game I guess somebody recorded it.", he said. I nodded slowly. "So its on DVR?", I asked. He scrunched his face up before nodding. "Yea I guess, if that's what you want to call it", he said. 

"That's what its called but, since its on DVR.", Taking the remote, I turned the TV off and straddled myself onto his lap. "Why don't you watch it later", I said following it up with a kiss. That was before things got heated.