×14×

July 24, 2018
3:45 p.m.

"Hey princesa," Benito said tapping his fingers against the counter.

"Hi Chucky!" I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I heard about your little date with Oscar," he said and I looked down.

"It wasn't a date," I pointed out and he laughed. "I missed you."

"Whatever but you blushed. Do you like Spooky?" He asked and I shook my head. "I missed you too princesa. I'm sorry I've been busy."

"We're just friends, plus Jacob and I just broke up. It would look bad," I said and he lifted his arms in surrender.

"Right, just friends." He said and I grunted.

"I hate you, if you're not going to buy anything just leave." I said and he chuckled.

"I love you," he said and walked to the fridges.

"You know, you should see his face when I mention you. It's fucking hilarious Beni you should see him." I exclaimed and I heard his laugh. "Nah for reals, he lowkey swears me and you have something going on."

"I know, he has asked me so many times it's getting annoying. He's annoying," he said walking to the counter.

"Can't relate," I said and he laughed.

"Of course not, he's nice to you. He likes you." Benito said and I shook my head.

"Shut up Benito," I said and he chuckled.

"Come here," he said and I walked over to him. "Gimme a hug."

I hugged him tightly and he did the same.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I sighed.

"I'm fine Beni," I said placing my hands on his neck.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded. He kissed my forehead making me smile.

"Hmm," I walked back to the counter. "I got a joke."

"Princesa please don't. Your jokes suck," he said and I pouted.

"When I die you're going to miss them," I said and he frowned.

"Don't say that!" He exclaimed and I chuckled. "I'm serious princesa."

"I'm kidding!" I said and he frowned. "Beni, I'm kidding calm down papito."

"It's not funny Valentina. Don't joke about that." He said and I sighed.

"I'm sorry," I apologize and he nodded. "What are you doing here anyways?"

"Just visiting," he said and I hummed. I heard the bell ring and I looked up to see Oscar walking in. "I'm out, have fun with your little boyfriend." He whispered and I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye Benito," I said annoyed and he chuckled.

"'sup fool?" Oscar dapped him. "I need you to take care of something for me."

Benito looked at me and I sighed. I didn't wanted to know what that something was. I hated it. I walked to the bag and started rearranging the candy aisle.

"Hi solecito," I heard Oscar's voice after a while. I turned around and saw him leaning on one of the fridge's doors.

"Hi Oscar," I smiled walking over to him. He hugged me and I returned it.

"So I wanted to ask you something," he said and I tilted my head.

"Yeah?" I asked and he smirked shoving his hands on his pockets.

"I want to take you out on a date tomorrow, after work." He said and I raised my eyebrow.

"So I'm assuming that the question is if I want to go out on a date with you?" I asked and he nodded. "No."

"Why?" He asked softly and I smirked.

"You didn't asked me," I said and he squinted his eyes.

"Yes, I did!" He said and I shook my head making my way back to the counter

"No, you stated your desire of taking me to a date," I said and he grabbed my arm stopping me. "Yeah?"

"Would you go out on a date with me?" He asked and I smiled.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I said and he nodded smiling.

"So like I don't have to tell you to dress up because you should know," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck off Oscar," I exclaimed walking to the counter.

"Nah, I like being around you." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Hold on, tomorrow I have the night shift. Where the hell are you going to take me at ten p.m.?" I said and he chuckled.

"I know that," he said and I hummed. "Trust me I'm not going to kill you."

"Right," I replied dragging the vowel. "That makes it better."

"Valentina," I looked up and saw Jacob walking towards the counter. "I've been calling you for days now."

"I know," I said flatly and Oscar glared at him. "I've been looking at the phone while it rings."

"Why won't you pick up?" He said and I raised my eyebrow.

"Did he just-" I looked at Oscar who had the meanest look on his face. "Did he just asked me that?"

"Are you dumb?" Oscar said and Jacob glared at him.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked getting in his face. Oscar laughed and Jacob pushed him.

"Control him before I do." Oscar gritted looking at me.

"Jacob back the fuck up. You wanna fight go outside." I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"Oh he's your boyfriend now?" He asked and I chuckled. "Wow Valentina, and to think I came here to apologize. Fuck you. You're a fucking whore. I wasted my time with you."

It happened so fast, Oscar gave him a single punch. It was hard enough to break his nose.

"Oscar! Don't," I yelled and he backed up.

"Don't fucking talk to her like that puto. Out of respect to Valentina I won't fuck you up right now. Talk to Valentina like that again and watch what happens."

I was shocked. I didn't know how to react. I don't think I was even breathing. He literally just threatened Jacob.

"Leave!" His scream snapped me out of my thoughts making me jump. Jacob left and my eyes watered.

"Why did you do that?" I whispered and he looked at me and his face softened.

"Ain't no pendejo is going to talk to my solecito like that," he said reaching for my face.

I let him touch me, it was the first time he had attempted to. His touch was gentle like he was afraid I was going to break. He cleaned the tears I didn't knew fell. I didn't wanted his hand to leave my face. His eyes never left mine as he cleaned my tears.

I think, I like him.

-end-