×43×

October 3, 2018
12:34 p.m.

"Valentina you gotta eat mami," Alejandro said rubbing my back.

"I'm not really hungry," I replied moving the food around with my fork.

"At least drink the juice or something," Lee said pushing the juice in front of me.

I had started my chemotherapy sessions shortly after had my surgery. The doctors said they couldn't remove the whole tumor because it was too close to a vital part of my brain. They removed as much as they could and then the next step was chemotherapy.

"Okay," I sighed opening it and drinking it.

**
3:10 p.m.

I was at the bottom of the steps catching my breath that was a lot of fucking steps.

Why do we have so many?

"You okay?" Sayria asked crouching down to my level.

I frowned confused, "I am."

She laughed a little making me even more confused, "you act just like Oscar. I guess being around him causes that huh?"

What is she talking about? I act like Oscar? Girl, Oscar acts like me!

"I guess," I shrugged my shoulders.

"You sure you okay?" She asked and I hummed.

Where is this coming from?

"Just catching my breath. Thanks," I said and she nodded before walking away.

"Hey mi girasol," I heard Oscar's voice after a while. "You good?"

"Yes," I chuckled. "Just a lot of steps. You didn't have to come get me; I was going to make it."

Before I knew it I was being picked up from the steps by Oscar. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Let's go home," he said and I frowned.

"Can we go to the beach?" I asked and he looked back at me.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded.

**

"I thought I was going to lose you back in the hospital you know?" Oscar whispered and I leaned on his shoulders.

"You just might," I joked but he didn't laugh. "I'm sorry."

"It wasn't funny. Don't say that," he said pulling me over to his lap.

"I'm sorry baby," I said pecking his lips repeatedly. "Hey," I cupped his face, "I'm not going anywhere."

"I love you," he replied and I smiled.

"I love you too," I sang hiding my face on his neck.

I felt his body tense underneath mine making me look up, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing baby," he asked but he had a worried look on his face.

"It's going to be okay," I said placing a kiss on forehead. "Wanna hear a joke?"

His face relaxed and he smiled rolling his eyes, "sure."

"What are the strongest days of the week?" I asked suppressing a smile.

"I don't know," he replied making circles on my waist.

"Saturday and Sunday. All the others are weekdays," I answered laughing. He fully wrapped his arms around me bringing me closer while I threw my head back laughing.

"You're dumb," he chuckled placing small kisses on my neck making me laugh harder because of the tickles. "It's not funny."

"It's not but I enjoy seeing your reactions," I agreed looking at him.

"Do you want to eat something girasol?" He asked and I hummed shrugging my shoulders.

"I can eat something," I replied tilting my head. "I don't really care too much for it. You know my appetite hasn't been big."

I wasn't hungry at all but I didn't want to upset him. He hated that I wasn't eating like I used to. They all did. Benito sits with me during breakfast to make sure I'm eating.

"Chinese?" He asked and I nodded smiling.

"Yes, let's finish the menu." I stood up and Oscar followed holding my hand.

"We're nowhere near close," he pointed out and I smiled shaking my head.

"We'll get there," I assured while we walked down the boardwalk.

-end-