Prickly Thorns. Chapter Twenty.

Song: Killing Me ~ Jacob Whitesides

Chapter 20. Prickly Thorns.

"You have a child?!" I perplex with wide eyes.

"Yes-no."

The front door swings open, Kyle smiles and waves at us. "Hey guys!" He looks over to the lit up fish bowl. "Ooooh fish!"

"Kyle," I walk over to him. "We're kinda in the middle of something here."

"Oh, something sexual?"

"What!? No! Besides that's none of your business. Could you leave, and come back tomorrow?"

"Sure, but what's their names?" He asks, pointing to the fish.

"What?" I query.

"What are their names?" He gestures towards the fish.

"That ones Frank and that ones Frannie, Okay? Bye."

"Frank and Frannie?"

I nod, "Yes, that's what I said. Please leave!"

"Geez, Okay, I can sense when I'm not wanted."

"Because I'm telling you to leave. Just come back tomorrow."

He huffs, "Fine.... Bye." He gives us a small smile before walking out.

I glare at Mason, "What do you mean yes-no?"

"I mean technically I did."

"Technically?"

He shakes his head, "She had a miscarriage not much longer later, it's pretty common."

"Oh." Is all I could say, I feel terrible that he lost the baby, but I'm still mad that he didn't tell me any of this before, maybe I'm over reacting. "Mason... I'm sorry that you lost the baby. I feel terrible about getting mad, but I'm still mad, I mean, you didn't tell me any of this, you should have told me."

He grabs my hand. "Yes, I should have, I'm sorry."

I squeeze his hand and pull him towards me, I wrap my arms around his back and lay my head on his chest. "I'm sorry."

*******
The next day. 6:12p.m.

I finish my bacon and plop a few pancakes on a plate for Mason. I place saran wrap over it and pop it into the fridge. I walk into the living room and pull my jacket on, I quickly grab my bag and sling it over my shoulder. I jog out of the house and adjust my beanie. It's freezing outside, it could probably snow.

As I make it outside the school I slip and fall on a patch of ice, landing on my back, making me groan in pain. Bad luck loves me.

"Jordyn, let me help you."

I see a hand reach out and grab mine, pulling me off the cement. I look up and see Mr. Nicolas, my heart starts to race.

"A thank you would be nice." He chuckles.

I step backwards and slip, he catches me. "Are you okay?"

I gulp, "Yeah-Yeah, all good."

He grabs my hand and pulls me off the ice. "You sure? You look terrified." He places his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me." I take a step back.

"Jordyn, what's wrong?"

"Mr.Nicolas, really? You kissed me."

He shakes his head and lifts his brows. "It was a harmless little kiss."

"It wasn't harmless to me. I-I think I need a new professor." I push past him and grab the door handle.