"It wasn't my idea, don't look at me like that" sounded Char suddenly defending herself.

"I thought so" I assured her of her truth. It was rather the idea of the male members of our team. But I guess it's acceptable when out of 7 there are only two girls. "I won't ask whose great idea was that"

"Not mine this time" reacted immediately Tyler from next to the left back-door, patting his growing beard. Oh, by the way, I've almost forgotten to tell - the newest member of our team changed his surname from Minyak to an entirely different one, namely Davis after his foster-father had got into jail. He said it fits him perfectly - don't ask me why, I have no clue. "But I've collected great puns, just for you, Delsy"

"Great" I rolled my eyes, sinking them into my palms. Puns are worse than jokes, especially from Mr. Davis himself.

"Watch out, Swellview beatch, here we come!" cried out suddenly Jasper from the back, to what the other men answered with a grouped roar.

"Oh God" murmured Charlotte mostly herself from the back. She was right. Oh God, what a day we are going to have...

~•~

"Okay, you can jump Del, we'll catch you" tried to encourage me Henry from the pool, five metres below me. Not far from him stood Jasper and Tyler, ready to lend a hand if it would be needed. All of them were wearing one-coloured trunks, red, blue and black by the previous order of the names. Charlotte was standing in a line in front of the ice cream stand to get us some refreshing, cold treats while Ray was on the other side of the pool, intensely chatting with an unfamiliar woman. Typical him.

"You're gonna do fin-tastic" assured me Tyler, made up with an inevitable pun in it. I just rolled my eyes since he could have heard my thoughts.

"Come on!" cried out Jasper loudly, paying everyone's attention at us. My imaginery self slapped herself right on the face.

"Right" I murmured to myself, setting into my jumping position. I focused onto the place where I wanted to splash into the water. Then, I quickly coned over the technique what I had checked yesterday. It won't be hard... Right?

I slightly shook my head to get rid of the disturbing thoughts, then I jumped. I tightly hugged my legs to my body, turning myself into a big dumpling. I splashed into the water so quickly that I could only see blurred, colorful patches of the people and the surroundings.

As soon as my feet touched tge bottom of the pool, I let my legs go and pushed myself up, out of the water. When I felt the air blowing into my cheek again, I gasped for oxygen and quickly wipped the water out of my eyes. In front of me, a blond boy's silhouette formed, sharpening step by step. I had come in right where I had wanted, namely in front of Henry. A satisfied smile formed both on our lips and I joyfully jumped between his opened arms, wrapping mines around his neck. "I did it!"

"Yeah, you did" he replied pridefully, giving a big fat kiss onto my lips. The waterdrops just rolled and rolled from my wet mops of hair all over my face and onto Hen's cheek as well, but we didn't care about it. To celebrate even more, he rather grabbed me under my tights and lifted up, our lips on the others' all along. Our smiles grew even wider and wider. "You know, you looked like a cute dumpling in bikini"

For the compliment, I bopped him with a smile. "Idiot"

In return he pushed me under the water and held me there until I started bucking against his hold. I literally ran out of breath as when I arrived back to the surface again, I couldn't cope with snatching for oxygen.

After I had wipped out the water from my eyes and let out from my mouth, I span around and made a dash at the blond boy, who cried out for help. Tyler and Jasper immediately took action and joined in, tickling my armpits and feet. I was laughing on end while trying to fight back against the overstrain. Charlotte was still at the ice cream stand, while Ray spent his time with that unfamiliar woman, don't even caring about his own daughter. Just wait what he will get from me for that.

Author's Note:
The story actually arrived to its end. Delilah finally found her place as a superhero – and not just her future job but her real father and a boy she loves more than chimney cake. My heart literally ached when I had to let them go ❤️😭

I know I wasn't a very talkative author during the story. I have never been, to be honest. I just wanted to give my readers exciting and enjoyable chapters from time to time – and I hope I did well 😊

This story will always have a special place in my heart. I mean, it has almost 5k views... it's just, wow. Almost half of the number of citizens in a town! It's crazy how many of you like this story. I've always thought I suck at writing fanfics, so it's an unbelievable feedback that I'm not a total loser XD

Lastly, I'd like to say thank you for the incredible amount of views, likes and comments along the story. Especially to benitoisdaddy, who has been reading the chapters from the very beginning and also voted for each one of them. Thank you! This chapter is the sign of my gratitude 😊

Currently, I'll be on a hiatus as I've been working on a huge project for like 4 months now and I really want to finish that first.

Thanks again for everything.

~~MsCookie ❤️