Burning Secrets. Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

He looks up from his papers and smiles. "Hey Jordyn, hows it goin?"

"It's going good. Would it be possible if you could grab those two little fishies for us?"

"It wouldn't be a problem." He grabs a little bag and places the net in the tank, scooping each one up and placing them in a bag. "Here ya are. That ones the boy and this ones a girl."

"Thanks Bryan! Have a good rest of your night."

"You to Jordyn."

I watch the fish swim around as we walk to the front of the store. "Any ideas for names?"

"I'll let you have the honor of naming them."

"Or we could name them together?"

"Let's name one Frank."

I grin, "Frank?"

He nods, "Yeah, Frank."

I chuckle, "Okay... and Frannie?"

He snickers, "Poor fish have the worst names in the entire world."

"Yeah but I don't hear them complaining."

We place our items on the conveyer belt, one of our newest employees named Andy, is scanning our items, the dude seems kinda weird, he creeps me out. He's always staring at me while he chews on his nails.

"Hey Jordyn....." He grins.

"Hey... Andy."

"Would you like plastic or paper, man?" He asks Mason.

"Paper."

"We're all out of paper."

He rolls his eyes, "Then why the hell did you ask?"

He shrugs, " That'll be thirty seven dollars with your employee discount."

Mason swipes his card and grabs the bags. "Yeah, Thanks."  I grab the receipt and hold the fish, we walk over to Masons car. "You can get in, I'll put the groceries in the car."

"You sure?"

"Yeah babe, I'm sure."

I place the fish carefully on my lap as I pull my seatbelt on. Mason quick hops into the car and locks the doors, starting the engine.

"Did you eat already?"

"No," He gazes at me briefly, making a sharp turn out of the parking lot. "But I made a roast."

"Ooooooh yummy, I've actually been wanting a roast all week."

He chuckles and places his hand on my upper thigh. "That's why I made it."

"So, How was work?"

"Good actually. Except this one kid, Nathan, punched Mr. Bradford in the face for taking his pudding cup."

"People these days."

"Yup." He rakes his fingers through his hair and glances at me for a second. "I want to ask you something, but I don't want to freak you out."

"By you just saying that kinda freaks me out. What is it?"

He smiles slightly, "When do you want to have a baby? I know not right now because we want you to finish college first, but I'm six years older than you."

"When I'm twenty-two or twenty-three. Oh that reminds me, my coworker Jane, just had a baby, his name is Drew, and he is the cutest little thing ever!" I gush, "She sent me a picture today, I'll have to show you."