Chapter 30

Everything has it's own pace. You just have to keep up with it.

-S

****

"Sam..."

"Uhm?" I faked a cough before looking at her.

The woman who have a first hold of Caryss' heart.

"Ang awkward no?" Natatawang basag ni Bree sa katahimikan.

I texted her last night to meet me this morning. I want to disclose everything to her. About Caryss. About me. About my wife's feelings for her and the way I loathe her before because of that. But I think when you're happy, everything starts to follow. You want everyone around you to be happy too.

Bree agreed to meet me. Ang awkward kasi nandito lang kami sa kotse ko sa tapat ng park sa loob ng subdivision namin.

Ngumiti ako ng maalala ko yung time na hinabol ako ni Caryss dito na may dala dalang cookie jar for peace offering daw. How sweet of her di ba?

"So, is this about Caryss?"

Marahan akong tumango. Tinatantya ang sitwasyon.

"There's never been us, Sam. Alam mo naman siguro yung story namin?" I caught some bitterness in Bree's voice.

"Yeah. I know. Caryss told me everything before."

"She's just my best friend. Well, technically dati. No longer now. "

I tried to stifled a smile before looking at the kids playing in the park.

"Do you still love her?"

I want to hear her say it. I want her to say na wala na syang feelings for Caryss. Not only for my own peace. But also for Trance'.

Tumawa ng bahagya si Bree. "I thought you'll never ask."

Napaangat naman ang kilay Kong humarap sa kanya. Mabilis naman nyang ipinaliwanag.

"People are usually afraid to hear the painful truth. Mostly they settled avoiding confrontations. Maybe because it's the best way to deal with it. Don't you think?"

Umiling ako sa kanya. A small smile pasted on my lips.

"I'm out of the ordinary and usual people, Bree. Kaya nga Caryss opted me to replace you di ba?"

It was out bago ko naisip na ang bitch ng pagkakasabi ko.

Nagkibit balikat lang si Bree. Without saying anything. Maybe it was childish. But I really want to gloat that Caryss is mine now.

"Sorry." Mahinang bulong ko bago huminga ng malalim at ngumiti. "Caryss and I are married. " Ipinakita ko sa kanya ang singsing na binili ni Caryss for me.

Bree stared at it for fifteen seconds before a genuine smile crosses her face. She have that inflicting sweet and innocent smile. Maybe the reason why Caryss fell for her.

Sheesh. She's not mad or anything. There's no jealousy. She's just plainly happy about it too.

"I'm happy for the two of you, Sam. You both deserve happiness. At least Caryss stand for you."

At the side of her eyes glistened her tears.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Okay ka lang?" I immediately grab a tissue and gave it to her. Maybe I'm too harsh to her.

She didn't say a word but accepted the tissue.

Atleast Caryss stand for you.

I get the difference. Because Caryss didn't stand for her. Caryss loved her but cannot admit it. They had a right love at the wrong time. If Caryss' hadn't felt that before, she won't see the consequences now if she didn't chose me too. She lost Bree at the process of preparing herself in to it. Now she didn't want to commit the same mistake again.