Chapter 16

Caryss POV

"Are you okay?"

Napalingon ako sa babaeng katabi ko. Hazelnut hair, brown eyes, pointy nose--- Aubrey.

"How would I be okay? Ayan na naman yung pinsan ko kasama ng baliw na weirdong iyon." Asar na sagot ko sabay kabig ng manibela at overtake sa nauunang sasakyan.

We were driving Trance's mini cooper papunta sa Timog kung saan itinuro ni Dok Pat, the village resident doctor, na pinuntahan daw ng dalawang baliw na iyon. Hays, no wonder they are best friends. They complement each other.

Tumawa lang ng mahina si Bree.

"Sam's a nice person. " she commented.

I glance at her through the front mirror.

"She's stupid. She's crazy. She's a writer with a heart. She's broke. I wonder if she ever has a money of her own!" Inis na reklamo ko. Pero deep inside, I adore that girl so much. She's an epitome of a natural perfect girl embracing all of her imperfections. And i do love hanging out with her. Walang halong kaplastikan. What you see is what you get. For a shin-Fontiel, she's too plain-- plainly beautiful.

"Sam came from a very prominent family." Sabi ni Bree. "That girl is so much precious for Trance in a way that neither I can understand. Well, that was before. When I first saw her, i do understand why Trance is so protective of her. Because Sam might be a nut shell, but deep inside she's a fragile glass ready to break anytime."

Natahimik ako habang nagsi.sink sa utak ko yung sinabi nya. I honestly do not take Samara seriously. Paano ba naman sa tuwing magkasama kami, she never talked about her pains. She's just keeping it all in by herself. It's as if may sarili syang mundo where in she locked all of her weak side. What I am facing when I'm with her is her painted jolly mood. Will I still be able to like her even if she bare all of her scars?

"Focus on your driving, Caryss." Bulong ni Bree. "I still want to see Trance and tell him that he has nothing to worry about. That what we have now is what matters."

Napangiti na lang ako ng mapait. Oo na. Alam Kong ang bitter ko. Alam Kong ang tanga-tanga ko for still loving Bree after all these years. And here I am, still hurting.

I focused on my driving. If there's one thing I want to do right now is to bring the girl of my dreams to her right man. And I will be happy watching them together ---even if it breaks me apart.

"Bree.." Mahinang bulong ko.

"Hmm?"

"I do like you. I still like you." Tila kakapusin sa hininga na sabi ko. I guess effect yun for controlling my ragged breathing resulted by this tension.

Masuyong tinapik lang ni Bree ang pisngi ko.

"I don't think you still do, Caryss." She whispered softly. "Give yourself the chance to heal. And let others in your heart. Someone's dearly waiting for you. Give her a chance."

Her... Naalala ko na naman si weirdo. Yung kulay abuhin niyang mga mata, matangos na ilong at mamula-mulang labi. Those pretty blue-black hair na gusto kong higitin sa tuwing napipikon ako sa mga kalokohan nya. Hindi ko tuloy maiwasan ang hindi mapangiti. Just remembering her pretty face enlightened me.

"Sam likes you, Caryss."

"You don't have to state the obvious, Bree." I replied cockily. But deep inside, I'm feeling so guilty.

"Don't break her, Caryss."

Umiling lang ako though my mind is clouded with variety of emotions. I know it will be easy to use Sam to patch up the emptiness in me. But Sam is a nice person and I cannot do that to her.