Chapter 21

I've waited all my life for you. And even when you're broken, I love you as a whole.

---

What's more painful than watching your love one walks away---away from you?

I am still on my knees as I no longer see Caryss' silhouette. Maybe dahil sa mga luhang tila wala ng katapusan o dahil talagang nakalayo na sya.

"Sam.."

Ramdam ko ang masuyong haplos na iyon na inaalalayan akong tumayo. But my knees are too weak to gather strength to stand.

"You should not reprimanded her in this crowd,Mom. We could settle our indifferences in closed doors. " Seryosong sabi ni Ate Cam. She have that poker face just like my Mom.

Kuya Sian just wrapped his arms in my waist and pull me in his chest.

"Cam, that's okay. " He whispered. "We shall not give our guest any more entertainment than what happened earlier. I guess that's already too much. Let's make this conversation more private."

Mabilis naman akong binuhat ni Kuya Sian knowing how weak i felt right now.

I saw Cam's hatred as she simply nod at Kuya and walked away as if nothing happened. Dad is just standing in the middle, ready to stop the commotion. I know that he is embarrassed but he is still acting composed.

I close my eyes as the familiar scenery welcomes me. Tears are brimming in my eyes. I miss this place. I miss kuya Sian, ate cam, and my parents. But they don't seem to feel the same way at all.

Dahan-dahan akong binaba ni kuya sa kwartong ni hindi ko in.expect na makita pa. A room of pink and white.

Nostalgia hits me when i noticed that all of my things are still intact. Walang nabago sa room na ito mula ng umalis ako. Ganoon pa din ang ayos. Bagamat halatang malinis.

"When Mom sent you away, she always makes sure to clean this room herself. " Bulong ni Kuya Sian habang ginagala ang mga mata sa loob ng kwarto.

Tumango naman si Ate Cam. "Yeah, i remember once when I visited here to check the case she's handling, she was here. She seems outspacing while staring at every piece of a thing inside this room as she whispers, 'i hope she just say sorry and tell me how much she loves writing and i could just let her do what she wants.' "

"I vaguely remember the scene before she sent you away, Sam. So we never meddled in between." Patuloy ni ate Cam.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit kusang tumulo ang mga luha ko. Why? How could i be so dense? Why did i let my emotions cloud my vision?

"You have reached your limit, Sam. Just stop rebelling,that won't do you any good. What's with writing cheap paperbacks anyway?" Pulang pula ang mukha sabi ni Mom matapos akong piyansahan sa kulungan because i was caught using drugs in a bar na mistulang drug den na pala pag madaling araw. "Look at you, you're such a trash ready to be thrown in the dump site."

I just smirk at her. This is maybe the effect of the drugs or the booze or my hatred towards her. Well, I don't know. I don't really understand at all.

"Look how perfect you are, Mom." I said sarcastically. " I will be your worst nightmare." I chuckled.

For a moment i stared at her speechless. I saw how she broke down for a split second as a tear slipped from her eyes.

"Sam, make it right. You know you won't get anything from doing this to yourself. You are just proving me that I'm right and i cannot trust your judgement, much more of your decision."

I laughed like a madman.

"Be ashamed , Mom. That's how i felt being your daughter anyway. How i wish i could cut ties with you and stop this charade."