Chapter 41-Prenatal Visit

Start from the beginning

With his arm against the small of my back, he pulls me closer to his side.

"I feel the same way," his warm breath in my forehead had somehow managed to calm my craggy nerves.

We are then directed to the same nurse's reception where two unfamiliar nurses are sitting. One is a young redhead who is currently having an intense discussion with someone on the phone while the other one is a sweet-looking black woman in her thirties or forties. The latter's winged-eyes are stretched as wide as they could the moment she lifts her head up from the pile of charts in front of her.

"Dear God," she hurriedly walks around the station to meet us. "Am I seeing what I am really seeing?"

Xander chuckles at her, "Nichola. Nice to see you again. How are you?"

She enthusiastically reaches for Xander's arms and bounces in happiness as she and the other nurse acknowledge his presence. "I can't believe it. A lot of things happened and wow, you're here now! We have been waiting for you!"

She turns to me with her expression brightening up even more. "And oh, you brought Emily!"

To my surprise, she rushed toward me and wraps her arms around me. Tight. I automatically snuggle in her cushion-like body which smells like coffee mixed with roses.

"You are one strong woman for surviving it and I am so glad to see you today," she whispers into my ear. My chest flutters with warmth at her sweet gesture. If all nurses are like this, I would never hesitate to visit the hospital from now on, even if I am not sick.

"Guess I'm just lucky to have Dr. Greene," I muttered back at her.

She throws me a wink after releasing me from her embrace, "Indeed you are, Darling. I am just so glad that he's finally back to work."

Xander butts in, "Well, actually, I'm just here to report on duty. Is Dr. Jacobs available right now?"

"Yes, Doctor. She just finished three patients and is currently in her office."

"Great. I need her to check Emily. I also need some bloodwork to be done to her today. Could you help me with that?"

"Why, of course, Honey." Nichola hands him his coat and I feel my intestines tingling at the sight of him casually slipping it on. Xander's attractiveness increases whenever he transforms into Dr. Alexander Greene, the hot gynecologist.

"Please proceed with the vital signs minus the initial assessment and I'll go talk to Dr. Jacobs first."

"Got it," Nichola proceeds with much enthusiasm. She guides me towards the toilet and gives me this same specimen cup for their routine urine test and right after that, checks my weight and height while we talk about Xander and my horrible experience in that prostitution ring. She also shared her thoughts about their previous administrator, Dr. Morrison, and Xander's first nurse and the mastermind of all of this, Nina James.

Nichola is totally shocked by the news and hasn't gotten over about it yet. Everyone in the hospital knows that Dr. Morrison is gay and ultra-rich, but they didn't expect him to be romantically involved with a mob boss.

"He...He's actually the one who had been giving me these drugs," I tell her in desolation while shutting those memories down inside my head.