Time of Death: Part 1

"So your dad is suspicious of us since all this killing and crap doesn't faze us?" I ask Scott as we walk down the stairs of the house.

"Yeah." He nods. "He said when he gets back he wants to know what we know." 

"Are you going to tell them?" I raise an eyebrow as we enter the kitchen. 

"I don't know." Scott shrugs. 

I went straight the refrigerator.

"Don't know what?" I heard someone say as they grab my shoulder.

I was startled so I grab their hand and flipped them over so they landed on the floor. I straddled the person and lifted my fist to punch them until I saw their face.

"Liam?" I sigh.

"Where the hell did you learn to do that?" He looks at me with a bewildered expression.

"Oh my god. Liam, I could have seriously hurt you." I got off of him and helped him 

"No you can't." He chuckles

I let go of his hand making him fall back down to the floor.

"She can if she wants." Scott raises both eyebrows as he takes a sip of water.

"Got it." Liam gets up.

"So let's begin." I stood at the table.

"Is three enough?" Kira asks as she took out her laptop.

"It depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so." Scott nods.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam looks between all of us a bit worried. 

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott lets him know.

"Isn't it really dangerous?" Liam questions.

"Yeah, it's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Stiles tells him the truth. 

"You've guys done something like this before?" Liam asks yet another question.

"Something dangerous or something idiotic?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira tells Liam.

"Look you don't have to be apart of this if you don't want to Liam." I held his hand. "You can always go home."

"I'm not scared." Liam interjects.

"Well you're borderline idiotic." Stiles places his hand on Liam's shoulder. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" 

"How do we even know something is definitely coming?" Kira slightly panics. 

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation is required." I tell her.

"Simon said the same thing." Stiles adds. "He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he have proof that you guys are dead." 

"So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott asks all of us.

"You don't get paid." I simply answer.

"How does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam cuts in.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott answers. "Especially if it's someone high on the list."

"So if he wants visual confirmation. . ." Liam starts. 

"He's going to have to get it himself." I finish. 

~ ~

I sigh as I sat down on the floor and look out the window just staring at the sky.