Weaponized: Part 1

Chelsea's P.O.V.

"What the hell is that for?" Stiles points at the cassette tape.

"I'll get the radio." I got up and got Scott's radio from on top of his drawer.

I placed it in the middle of us and Scott popped the cassette in. Stiles then pressed play.

"After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment." The man on the tape explains

"Okay, is it me or does his voice just sound very creepy similar to a pedophile kind of voice." I say to the boys and they gave me the really look. "Sorry." I murmur.

"Have any of you made a wire transfer?" Stiles asks looking between Scott and I.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"I never had enough money." Scott answers.

"So you you both didn't understand a word of that either?" Stiles raises both eyebrows.

"I don't understand any of this." I throw my hands in the air.

"Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" Scott asks confused.

"Someone wants you all dead." Stiles simply replies.

"Badly." I add.

Scott sighs as he starts putting the money back in the bag.

"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" Stiles asked

"We have the PSATs tomorrow remember?" I poke his head.

"No, I meant the money." Stiles points at the money. "$500,000. Do you know how much money that is?" 

"It's 500,000." Scott replies as if it weren't anything.

"It's half a million dollars. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?" Stiles asks sarcastically.

"No, he's going to bathe in it everyday." I reply sarcastically.

Stiles raised his eyebrow.

"Of course he's going to put it under his mattress because we still have to talk to Derek. It's his money." I remind him.

"You mean his and Peter's." Stiles corrects me

"Same crap. They're both Hale's." I wave his correction off.

"We should proceed with caution." Stiles timidly says.

"You don't think we should tell Derek?" Scott asks unsure of what Stiles is trying to imply. 

"No. No." Stiles gets up. "No of course we have to tell him. I'm just. . . I'm just saying, some of that money's Peter's, right?"

"Yeah." Scott and I say in unison.

"Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give him $500,000 to him." Stiles points out, without any examples, of what Peter has done in the past.

"So we should give Derek his money back. But not Peter?" Scott raises an eyebrow trying to understand what Stiles is saying.

"I didn't say that." Stiles looks at us. 

"Stiles, then what are you trying to say?" I asked as we heard someone running up the stairs in the house.

Scott and Stiles pushed the money under the bed and we all stood up and face the door, which revealed a soaked Malia.