Muted: Part 3

Chelsea's P.O.V.

We took Liam to the front desk where mom aka Melissa McCall stood. Melissa is like a mom to me.

"Mom." I ran up to her and hugged her.

"Hey baby." She kissed my forehead.

"Uh. Hi mom." Scott nervously greets his mom.

"What happened?" Melissa looks at Liam

"Lacrosse accident. He hurt his leg." I shorten the explanation.

Melissa nods and went to get a wheelchair. She came back and we sat Liam down. She knelt down to check Liam's leg. She got up and took him away.

"Don't worry Liam, we'll take good care of you." She says before wheeling him away.

"Alright, I got to get going. I promised Malia I'd help her study." Stiles spoke up.

"Sure. Study." I wiggle my eyebrows. 

"We'll check on him anyway." Scott adds.

Stiles takes a step to leave but stops. "Hey, I don't need to say that this isn't your fault, right?" 

"I don't know." Scott sighs.

I can tell he feels guilty. 

"Scott, if you used any wolf power that kid wouldn't be limping, he'd be crawling back to the other half of his body." Stiles reassures him. 

"If I hadn't been so worried about being captain he wouldn't be hurt either." Scott purses his lips.

"Scott, it's okay to want something for yourself once in a while." I put my hand on his shoulder and give it a light squeeze. Team captain, alpha werewolf. You're still only human." 

"I'll see you two later." Stiles walks away.

Scott and I look for Liam's room. When we found it, we heard someone in there with him. Scott and I decide to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"It's broken, isn't it?" Liam says sadly.

"It's definitely going to need an x-ray." The guy tells him.

"It's broken and it's my fault." Liam voice breaks. 

I frown as I lean against the wall.

"You want to tell me what happened?"

"Went up against two juniors. One of them is captain of the team." 

"Liam, remember what we always say. Play smart, not hard." 

"Are you mad at me?" Liam asks him. 

"No, of course not. Your mom might be mad at me for getting you into lacrosse, but maybe we should both wait for the x-ray before we panic and trust me I have more reason to panic than you. It's not over yet. Wait for the x-ray" The guy walks out of the room. 

He was wearing a lab coat. He's probably one of Liam's family members. 

I look at Scott and he looks extremely guilty. 

Scott phone rings and he answers it, "Hey Lydia." 

I listen in on their conversation.

"Where are you and Chels? I couldn't call. I couldn't get away from the deputy." Lydia panics

"Okay, slow down." Scott tells her.

"You and Chels need to get to the hospital. You both need to get there right now. The son of the-the only one who survived. He's there." Lydia informs.