0.33

Flashback

All she could think about as she drunk was the words that left her husband's mouth earlier and the way he said them, his voice held no emotion.

"I want a divorce." he said as he walked in the house.

She glanced up from her novel and laughed, "It's not April Fools yet, hun." 

"I'm not joking. I want a divorce." 

"Why?" She wasn't sad, no, she was angry. This random declaration of divorce, there's no need for that. Yeah they have been fighting lately but they could work that out. Yeah she fell back into drinking but she's trying to quit again."Why?"

"Why?" He questioned, "Is it not obvious?" 

"No it's not! You don't just walk into the house and say 'I want a divorce'!"  She screamed.

"Well maybe I'm tired of it." 

"Tired of what? Of me? My drinking? I'm trying to get be-"

Mr. Tuan cut off his wife, "I'm tired of pretending to love you."

"Pretending?" She whispered, "All these years and not once did you not feel love for me? Not even a little?"

He pretended to think a little then sighed, "No, not once." 

"Then what were all these years to you?"

"All these years to me...." He got quiet then shook his head, "There's no nice way to say it, do you really want to know?"

"Yes, say it! All these years and I loved you unconditionally and now I learn you didn't give a rat's ass about me? The least you could do is give me this one thing!" She yelled at him, getting closer to him with every step until she was right in front of him. 

He grabbed her shoulders and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "All these years with you were a waste of time." 

Her world stopped, time stopped. She began to pound on his chest, albeit weakly, as she finally let the tears roll out, "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I HATE YOU." 

Then it all happen in a blur, she went to the kitchen and drank. Slowly, she made her way up the stairs, a litter of bottles behind her. She sat in her room or he bed and drunk, her husband forgotten. After a while she stopped drinking, she was dazed in a state of consciousness and unconsciousness. Her heart rate slowed, her eyes became droopy, her breathing ragged and slow. She heard the door open and felt a shift in weight on the bed, she managed to look at her husband.

"Can you understand me? Well I guess it doesn't matter if you do or you don't. I don't care that you hate me, I don't care what you think about me. I don't care about you and I frankly never will. I do thank you though, because of you I got to spoil and raise 3 wonderful kids. Mark...I do love, Mark. He may not feel that though. It's okay, I'll explain it all to him. Do you remember how you first started drinking? Yes, correct it was me. Then I saved you from that and you became so dependent on your prince charming. Look at you now. You're pathetic. You're worthless. I think I'll just let you stay here. What a fitting way for an alcoholic like you to die. You'll die all alone. No kids, no me. Just you and the mess of bottles around you. I guess the reason I'm here is to say goodbye, a small part of me just felt as though that was the right thing to do. I'm still human, I have morals. Why are you looking at me like that? Oh, I know, you think I'm a horrible person. Yes all the horrible people in the world...are still humans. Goodbye, love."

The weight on the bed lifted and Mr. Tuan went to the door. 

"Sleep Tight." He said as he closed the door, leaving behind his wife to die.

_____

eep i said that i would have this chapter out tuesday buuut i started playing final fantasy vii and its honestly been taking up my free time.

can i just say it hurts to write these last chapters because i love markjinson soooooo much :(

but who knows what's gonna happen to markjinson? oh wait I do hehe