Chapter 62: Hidden Task Reward

Xu Que helped the elderly woman up and wiped the tear stains off the child's face, giving him a wide smile.

After that, he got an understanding of the story and the situation was recounted by the elderly woman.

The situation stemmed from the old woman's son joining the Phaseless Faction years ago. He was chosen by the Elders of the Faction to become a cultivator. It was clearly something mortals would look forward to and be happy about. The whole village even threw a celebration for it.

After several years had gone by, the old woman's son brought a lady back. He told her that they were already married and had a kid together.

Some time later, the couple were sent to complete a sect mission. In the end, the old woman's son suffered injuries and the couple returned to the Faction's domain to mend their wounds.

However, one of the disciples in the Faction had long lusted after her beautiful daughter in law. Taking advantage of the fact that the woman's husband was injured, the disciple raped her.

The problem instantly became huge. The old woman's son was filled with rage and wanted revenge. He approached the Sect Leader for intervention of some sort. However, the matter was covered up because the errant disciple happened to be the son of a powerful Elder within the sect.

The old woman's son was still filled with relentless rage. He then infiltrated into the disciple's home with intentions of killing him. However, being already on high alert, the Elder was present to defend his own son. He personally inflicted grave injuries to the revenge seeking man. At last, the married couple, along with their young son, were expelled from the Faction,

Both of them brought the child back to the village to settle down. Not barely a few days later, the old woman's daughter-in-law took her own life. Her son was filled with sorrow. Along with his severe injuries, and the lack of any potions to cure him, he died a few days later due to sickness while in depression.

This happened two or three years ago. When the old woman's grandson was playing out in the back of the mountains, he unexpectedly met an Elder from Phaseless Faction. After he was discovered to have an innate potential, the Elder wanted to bring him up mountains into the sect domain. Soon after, the Elder discovered that he was the son of the couple from those years ago. The spate of events was the reason for the scene happening today.

Xu Que heard the story, felt regretful for them and shook his head.

No matter in what world or realm, such tragedies were bound to occur.

Phaseless Faction's upper ranked individuals were all covering up for one another. The disciple was clearly at fault but just because he was the son of a prominent Elder, the couple had to be the sacrificial pawns of this tragedy!

"Old lady, rest assured. I will help to relieve your vengeance. I shall let the whole Phaseless Faction become nothing more than a desolated grave to compensate for your son and daughter-in-law!" Xu Que was sitting down within the old woman's house and drinking the warm porridge she gave. He slapped his chest and said those words in confidence and guarantee.

The old lady let out a sigh, "Eh, our benefactor, you should quickly go. There is no need to endanger yourself. This Phaseless Faction is filled with demons and you must not provoke them. After I pack our belongings, I am going to bring this child away from here. We absolutely cannot let them have their way again."

"Old woman, don't be afraid. The Phaseless Faction is filled with good-for-nothings. Give me four hours and I promise you that I will eradicate them. I am used to doing this and I am highly experienced." Xu Que raised his head to finish the bowl of porridge and promised while wiping his mouth.