Chapter 18: Emergence of the Four Legendary Beasts

"What?"  

"That's... Is that the ancient mythical beast— the phoenix?"

"How... How's that possible? How could there be a phoenix here?"

At this point, everyone was thrown into a wave of confusion and panic as they screamed out in fear.

...

Xu Que was standing at the side as he operated the amulet, laughing out loud. "Idiot. Come, all of you come here!" Let me give you lot some education. This is called a vermilion sparrow. How can you call yourselves immortal cultivators if you don't even know that! You bunch of unsophisticated bumpkins, you can't even differentiate between a vermilion sparrow and a phoenix. If I were your sect leader, I would expel every single one of you from my sect. So damn embarrassing..."

Xu Que looked extremely contented as he wanted to continue his flurry of insults and verbal abuses. However, nobody seemed to care about him right now. The several elders who were present were all extremely fearful as they saw the appearance of the vermillion sparrow and were trying their hardest to flee.

"Not good, let's flee!"

"Go back and find Celestial Sect. This matter is beyond our control and no longer our fight!"

"Hurry, retreat!"

Under the command, everyone around summoned their flying sword and floated into the air as they attempted to escape.

Not far off, three additional beams of light materialized from the sky.

The roars of several other beasts rang out in the sky. A large green dragon flew over from afar as it slithered majestically around in mid air. It was so enormous that it almost seemed to block out the entire sky from view.

A muscular and huge framed white tiger sped through the forest at the speed of light and stopped beside Xu Que. The tiger glared vehemently at the group of immortal cultivators.

In the next moment, a mountain seemed to be moving towards them. When they looked up, they realized that it was a huge black turtle.

In that instant, they were surrounded by huge mythical beasts.

Everyone was stumped.

"Ancient... The four ancient mythical beasts..."

"My god. How is this possible?"

"There were ancient records of such creatures in existence once before. But haven't they flown over to the spiritual realm from here? How could they appear here now?"

Everyone was horrified by the sight that had greeted them. The skies and ground were blocked off by these gargantuan beasts and there was nowhere for them to escape.

Just a single vermillion sparrow was enough to break their courage and scare them off. It was needless to emphasize how afraid they were after seeing three more powerful, legendary beasts make an appearance.

Their might and powers were as wide as the heavens and swept across both the skies and lands. These cultivators had nowhere to run as they were cornered by the four beasts.

Xu Que stood atop the mountain confidently as he glimpsed down upon Elder Liu and laughed, "Now... Do you still think this spell can be broken through?"

"Impossible! Impossible! Absolutely impossible! With your level of cultivation, how could you have conjured such a mighty spell?" Elder Liu was scared beyond measure.

Elder Liu had achieved recognition within the realm of spells as one of the most experienced practitioners. Yet he had never heard of anyone who was able to summon these legendary beasts to his side. How could he ever bring himself to believe that a mere insect like Xu Que, who hasn't even broken past the Core bearing Stage be able to conjure such powerful spells?