Chapter 52: Frightening and Destructive Power

The night sky was dark and was full of bright stars. The night breeze was gently blowing from the mountains behind the Great Change Sect.

Xu Que stood atop the mountain where a large black cannon stood beside him. Both his hands were placed behind his back as his robes flapped about in the wind. He looked far across at a tall tree on the mountain opposite him and gazed in that direction.

That would be the target he would use to test his God Powered Cannon.

The strength of an Original Infant Cultivator was clearly not one to trifle with. Xu Que intentionally brought the cannon up this mountain so that it would fire into an open space. Should it accidentally fire towards Great Change Sect, it might flatten the entire sect domain. Then, Su Yun Lan would definitely bite him to death!

...

At this time, Su Yun Lan, the pair of Sect Elders and several disciples in their Golden Core Stage were rushing up.

This beautiful looking Sect Leader begrudgingly went all the way to see this cannon. As for the God Powered Cannon which took a single day to build, she was extremely skeptical about it. She was somewhat sure that Xu Que was just pulling her leg and playing around with her.

The pair of Sect Elders gave strange expressions to each other upon finding out that Xu Que had built a cannon for them.

Along the way, one of the Elders asked, "Sect Leader Su, I heard reports from one of the disciples who was guarding the treasure room. He said that Xu Que had taken away all of our black iron. Could it be because of this cannon?"

"Right! I promised him that whatever materials he required, he should just help himself." Su Yun Lan maintained a stoic expression as she nodded her head gently.

The pair of Sect Elders froze as they were crying deep down without any tears showing.

"That... That's all the black iron we own!"

"Although it's not considered rare, the price of it was still expensive. Letting it go to waste like that is really... Ai, forget it!"

The both of them sighed.

Most people felt that a common cannon used in military camps wouldn't be able to do much damage against cultivators in this world. No matter how it was modified, it would just be a common spell at best.

For this reason, when all of them scaled the mountain to view Xu Que's cannon, they all came with the idea of just 'watching fireworks'. They took it as just a celebratory view for defeating the Blood River Sect.

The only person who was quiet was Su Yun Lan. Based on the way she saw it, wasting all the black iron wasn't a big deal. The thing that affected her the most was Xu Que's sincerity in wanting to help Great Change Sect. This touched her to a certain degree.

All these years of being a Sect Leader, she felt extremely exhausted. Today, Xu Que was willing to help her and share the burden of protecting the sect. Regardless of how effective the weapon was, knowing that someone shared her worry was a sort of consolation to her.

...

Before long, Su Yun Lan and the entire group of people reached the peak of the mountain.

Seeing Xu Que standing next to the pitch black cannon with golden inscriptions, everyone was left speechless.

Xu Que couldn't be bothered about their expressions as he leapt over to the side eagerly and asked them, "There wouldn't be any consequences if I fired this cannon over to the next mountain right?"