Chapter 20: Strength of the Four Directions Desolation

"Boom!"

A loud crash resounded as Xu Que stepped onto a bolt of lightning while he charged towards the second elder to finish him off.

"This is bad. Run!"

The rest of the elders panicked as they ignored the shocks within their hearts. They hurriedly drew energy from deep within their core and attempted to escape as quickly as possible. Their expressions were contorted with fear and deep dissatisfaction.

However, after fleeing for a short period of time, Elder Liu's expression fell as he opened his eyes wide and shouted out, "Oh no! The mountainous roads ahead are being obstructed by the black turtle! We cannot get past it!"

"What?"

The few of them started to feel anxious.

If a person wasn't able to win a fight, he would just flee. At this point, even the option to flee was being taken away.

Could it really be that after several hundred years of diligent cultivation, it was all going to end today?

"No. That little rascal is just a mere Core Bearing Stage cultivator. I've waited and cultivated for so long to become a Golden Core Stage cultivator and finally became an elder of my sect. I must not perish to his hands!" An elder bellowed out after being forced into the corner as he exploded in fury, convincing himself not to give up.

The rest of them seemed to snap back as they recovered some stability to their emotions and thoughts.

"That's right. That little bastard could suddenly increase his strengths. I'm certain that it must have something to do with a secret spell. As long as we drag it out so that his body and core energy cannot handle the prolonged stress of the spell, we should be able to kill him after."

"But his speed is so quick. We cannot drag him out for long."

"That's right. This kid is doing all these to protect the villagers of Pan Shan Village. As long as we control the lives of those mortals, he's doomed."

"So the villagers of Pan Shan Village are his weaknesses. Come, let's go. We can combine our efforts and strike. No matter how fast he moves, he's still alone after all. Let's see how many people he can rescue."

The few of them were the sect elders from different sects and were renowned in their own rights. They were all experienced, wise and crafty. The minute they found a way out, they stepped atop their flying swords and dashed down towards Pan Shan Village from different directions.

Xu Que noticed their sudden change in action and was astonished. Soon after, his lips curled into a smile.

"Looks like this bunch of people aren't stupid as well. They actually thought of using the villagers to put me in a tight spot."

"Such a shame... The Four Direction Desolation spell already killed so many people just because they were close to it. Now that you're thinking of breaking through it, isn't that suicide? But that's good for me as well. It saves me the trouble of hunting each one of you down."

Thinking this way, Xu Que slowed his speed down. He then turned around and laughed to the elders, "Why's everyone running so fast? Are you rushing to be reincarnated when you die?"

The muscles on the elder's faces twitched as their expression revealed one of utter desperation.

With their status, the entire Fire Country would recognize them as superior immortals.

However, they were being mocked and chased around by a mere Core Bearing Stage kid. They were all incensed by the current situation which they found themselves in. It would be strange if they weren't upset.