The Arrangement. 16

Taylor Gibson-Finks

I saw across from him feeling nervous. We were having dinner which he cooked. It reminded me that I needed to learn to cook more than just breakfast foods.

"What's on your mind? Are you also thinking about the wolf?" I blinked and he beamed at me. He was so adorable.

"Yeah..." I chuckled and ran a hand through my hair. "I suddenly wish I could have seen it."

"I'm sure it's still around." He said enthusiastically. Yeah, right in front of you. I thought with a chuckle.

"Yeah."  I said falling silent again.

"Something is bothering you." He stated as he put his utensils down. I blinked.

"No," I said still trying to think of a plan about Zane's feelings and being more careful when I shifted.

"I thought we agreed to be honest." I blinked rapidly as I remembered that being emphasized the first night we met. I looked up at him then and took a deep breath.

"I love you." I told him feeling like my throat wanted to choke me suddenly. Zane stared at me shocked. "I think I always have and..." I took a deep breath. "I just didn't know how to tell you... I mean, you're straight after all." I felt like rambling then as the words just wouldn't stop coming. "I knew from the start to be honest. When you and I locked eyes, I knew I liked you and then we became friends and I just...fell."

"Taylor..."

"I know, you like women," I suddenly felt like crying as I admitted this truth out loud. "And I know you can't see me that wa-" he laughed and I looked up stunned. Did he really find this funny? Were my feelings a joke? I looked down and felt myself shrink.

"You're an idiot." He said it softly before his chair scrapped against the floor and I glared at the ground. "I've been trying to seduce you since we said I do."

I huffed and stood.

"I know, okay? I'm stupi-" my face went slack as I registered his words. I turned towards him. "What?"

"I love you too, Taylor." He grinned and I was in his arms. He held my jaw, his thumb drawing circles beneath my cheek. "To think it took seeing a wolf for you to bring this up."

"So this whole time..." I shook my head trying to understand what was happening. "I thought you were just a very touchy person with your friends."

"Would I kiss my friends? What could honestly make you believe such?" He rolled his eyes.

"I guess because I told myself that you were trying to get used to kissing me." I blushed and giggled, covering my mouth. "I can't believe this whole time." I pushed his chest suddenly and glared at my mate. "Why didn't you say anything!?"

"I tried!"

"When!? Hm?"

"The day we got married, you cut me off. I decided that I would just make you fall for me instead." I blinked rapidly.

"Woah..." I laughed then gleefully and walked over to him biting my lip. I looked up at him then and pulled him down. I kissed him, he melted into our kiss as his hands squeezed my hips. I found myself climbing him like a tree and he laughed against my lips. He then held my ass so I wouldn't fall as I wrapped my arms and legs around him.