The Arrangement. 11

Zane Gibson

I had never thought for one moment that I would ever marry a man. That I would gaze into a man's eyes and say I do before being told to kiss him. The whole thing had never once on my life crossed my mind and it happened.

I felt the whole world fade between us when he smiled and it confused me how much he had my attention. How focused I could be on him. How captivated he always had me.

Being with a man never seemed like an option for me and here I was.

The priest had been drowned out because all I could see and hear was Taylor. His white suit fit him beautifully, his brown hair was styled brilliantly, making him look like a model. I felt surreal and the feeling in my chest. I didn't know what to call it. I didn't know if it was appropriate.

But it was there and I couldn't find myself ignoring it any longer.

"You may now kiss your husband." That's all I heard and I grabbed Taylor's jaw and pulled him close.

There were sparks flying and they lit my entire body up. I couldn't get enough of him and it made me feel weak but strong all at the same time. His hand were on my elbows and he kissed me back like his life depended on it. I wanted it to last forever, to never end.

All too soon it was over and the rushing of blood through my veins was loud, even as the people here to witness our union clapped, whistled and cheered. I stared at him the entire time wondering how I was going to tell him.

How would I tell the man I arranged to marry as a friend that I wanted more? That I was completely and utterly in love with him?

All too soon we were taking pictures and I'm sure they caught just how love sick I was. My best friend nudged me here and there, telling me to look into the camera but I ignored her, afraid that if I looked away from Taylor my chance to stare openly would disappear.

Taylor looked up at me, happiness in his eyes, beaming smile and I leaned down to kiss him again. And again. Each time the camera went off and I deepened our kiss, too lost in my own bubble of feeling obsessed with him.

Who knew that looking at someone could make you so happy?

"You okay?" He whispered into my ear as we entered the reception and I smiled.

"More than okay." I pulled him closer and kissed his forehead and he chuckled.

"Weirdo." I laughed and pulled him along.

The night was amazing. I had him all to myself without question. We talked from out table, listened to toasts and had our first dance. The moment was precious.

I took his hand and our eyes never shifted from one another. I moved up around effortlessly and rubbed his nose with mine making him laugh on the most adorable way as his nose wrinkled.

"You're too cute." I mumbled into his hair.

"I beg to differ." He laughed. We hadn't noticed the various people who came onto the dance floor until his mom cut in. I gave her a pout but she promised me I could have him back soon.

I found myself dancing with my own mom who smiled with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry, please." I grumbles and she giggled.