Chapter 49: Family Is Forever

Third Person's P.O.V.

Today was a very special day for Vivian, her team, and her friends. It was Jon's birthday. Ever since Emily was born, a whole new side of Jon surfaced and he pretty much got into stuff his wife enjoyed. Vivian was always the one to surprise him, but this time, it was different.

She had invited her Shield mates and their girls as well as her bff, sister and brother-in-law over to help her set up a small party for him. Jon was currently running errands and his wife and friends were setting up.

Colby and Sarah brought their dogs, Prince and Kevin so they could play with Luna and JoJo.

"What's Jon's favorite color?" Sarah asked. "Dark blue." Vivian replied as she got the cake out of the oven. Sarah poured some of the food coloring into the frosting and mixed it up. They were making the cake.

Mercedes and Mikaze set up the potato salad, barbecued chicken, fried rice, grilled sausages, and burgers on the table.

Ashley and Galina helped put a 'Happy Birthday' banner at the entrance of the kitchen.

Joe was setting up Jon's gifts on the counter in a nice order.

JoJo was in the living room playing with the dogs.

As for Colby, he was in Emily's nursery, getting her ready. However, he was having trouble deciding on an outfit and headband for the baby. He absolutely spoiled her and everything, but deciding on an outfit was a tough thing for him.

"Vivian, which one should I dress her in?" he called out. "The dress with ladybugs on it!" Vivian replied. "Dude, you have a lot of ladybug dresses!" he called back. "Choose the blue one!" she replied. He went through the closet and found the blue dress with ladybugs on it. He found a matching headband and smiled.

He dressed his three-month-old goddaughter up and his heart warmed at how adorable she looked. "Where's that smile?" he asked. The baby let out a soft giggle and smiled. "There it is." he said. He picked Emily up and walked out. He came to the kitchen and saw everything had been set up.

"For a guy like you, you have great taste in baby fashion." Vivian said as the others laughed. "Why do you think he picked out most of JoJo's clothes?" Galina asked. Colby handed Emily to Vivian and the young mother kissed her daughter's cheek.

Everybody finished setting up the small party and Joe was looking out the window to know when his best friend would be arriving. The others were talking with each other as Vivian set up the candles on the cake before Galina lit them up.

"Guys! Jon's coming! Shut the lights!" Joe said. Everybody shut the lights off and hid in the hallway. Colby held the cake as Joe joined us. We heard the door open and then close. "Vivian, I'm home!" he called out. "One, two, three." I whispered.

I turned on the lights as we all came out singing while I held Emily.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Jon. Happy birthday to you."

Everybody clapped as Jon smiled at his family. He smiled as Vivian went to him and kissed her. He kissed Emily's head before he blew out the candles. Everybody cheered and clapped with smiles on their faces. "Thanks, guys. It means a lot." Jon said as he wrapped an arm around his wife.