Tricking Your Way Into Love

Thank you for all the support. Enjoy this new chapter .

Cisco called me saying they needed me back at S.T.A.R. Labs it was urgent. I was racing all the way to the lab finding myself out of breath. I hate when Cisco gives me these cryptic messages with no meaning behind them.

"Okay, I'm here! Is anyone hurt or..." Everyone is looking at me with giant smiles on their faces. "What is something on..." I see a man I've never seen before standing next to Barry.

"Anna, I want you to meet my dad Henry Allen." Barry introduces. I can't believe his dad is standing here before us.

"Uh...how is..."

"The Flash saved me from a madman tonight and before he brings me back to prison, Barry wanted me to meet his amazing friends and girlfriend." Henry steps forward. "So, you're Anna."

"Yes, sir. It's an honor to meet you. Barry speaks very highly of you." I hug Henry.

"Not as highly as he speaks of you. I mean out of all the crushes Barry has had you are..."

"Dad, hey let's not overwhelm them. Uh, let's go over here." Barry drags his dad off to have a private talk.

"You guys were able to give Barry time with his dad. That's incredible." I exclaim.

"I wish they had longer with each other but we do have to bring him back tonight." Caitlin frowns looking over at the father and son interaction.

"Yeah, sorry for calling you in, but Henry really wanted to meet you and uh..."

"No, this was worth it. Seeing him smile like that is everything." I kiss his cheek and is face reddens as his dad smiles at us.

__________________________________
Barry's POV

"Dad, uh was that necessary?" I try to hide my embarrassment so that no one overhears us.

"Can you blame me, son. All you ever do is talk about this girl and I meet her and I understand."

"You do? But you haven't even had time to speak with her besides hello."

"Son, I've never known anyone to make you light up the way you do when you speak about Anna. She is amazing and anyone who can make my son that happy is a winner in my book."

"She does make me happy."

"And from the way she looks at you I can tell you make her happy."

"I'm glad you approve. She has been very helpful with listening to me and... I love her dad." He is smiling so proud at me as I say this.

"Dr. Allen." We separate seeing Anna coming our way. "I wish we could spend more time together. I know that Barry loves having this time with you."

"Any time I can get is worth it to me."

"Barry is lucky to have you as a father. You've raised a remarkable man." I melt just seeing her smile at me. She makes me weak at the knees.

"Thank you, Anna, and he's lucky to have you in his life. You're really made a difference on him and I know that you two are something special."

"How can you tell?"

"It's the same feeling I had with my wife. Some people are just meant for one another and I just have this gut feeling that you and Barry no matter what will be in each other's lives." Anna reaches for my hand. I squeeze her hand not wanting to let go.

"If anything, Barry has changed my life for the better. He's given me hope that I haven't had in a long time."

"Henry." Joe interrupts. I knew it was getting close for him to leave. I let go of Anna's hand and bring my father into a deep hug. I wish he didn't have to go back but it gives me a purpose to set him free. He is innocent and I will make sure the world knows it.