Figuring Things Out

Enjoy another update this week. I loved writing this chapter.

Barry has been secretive this whole day even blindfolding me. He wants this date to be a surprise and it makes me nervous about what it could be. He's all giddy and is acting like an excited child it's too cute. I said I would drive us but he insisted on running even though I get motion sickness, but he's been practicing and the run wasn't as bad as before. He lowers me to the ground and I can tell we're outside from the feeling of grass being squished underneath my shoes. "Can I take the blindfold off now?" I ask.

"Allow me, my lady." He kisses my cheek and I adjust my eyes to the sight before me.

"Is this..."

"Do you love it?" He's practically giddy with excitement.

"Love it? I have no words. This is...This is amazing. I"m ready to kick some ass!" I high five Barry.

"We're going to kill it at paintball."

"You know it, babe." I kiss him on the lips and practically beat him to the check-in station to get our gear. Best first official date ever.

To say I was a little more than over competitive would be an understatement

To say I was a little more than over competitive would be an understatement. I felt so in my element as we beat every team that day. We even got beer as our reward. "You killed it out there." I say to Barry as we're eating tacos from the food truck near the paintball arena.

"I had to since you were dominating everyone."

"We were the champions of paintball."

"I'm not going to lie I was dying of laughter as you made that kid cry."

"He was not a kid. He was a pre-teen who needed to be knocked down a few pegs."

"You shot his gun out of his hands."

"He was calling you rude names and his aim sucked. Besides if you're going to cry like a baby don't come to paintball."

"You're going to be a great parent to our children." I choke on my food. And Barry's eyes widen. "Not that I expect us to become parents anytime soon. I mean...we haven't even had sex. We're uh...I'm just going to stop talking."

"No, it's okay. I was just caught off guard."

"By my comment on our children or that I said we're going to be parents one day?"

"I don't know. I've never seen myself becoming a parent."

"What? How? You would be an amazing mother."

"Okay, you can stop telling me how great my mothering skills are. I literally made a child cry and most kids hate me."

"How could anyone hate you?"

'"Children seem to always do. No matter how nice I am they hate me."

"Why do you think that is?"