Chapter 31

WARNING! What I am about to write in this chapter is ideologically sensitive material. It will depict the act of rape, emotional & physical trauma, murder, and the aftermath of that. What I am writing is purely a work of fiction. It never happened & any references to any actual events or people are purely coincidental. I absolutely adore Gemma & I'd NEVER share any personal info to gain for a story. Please read with caution!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I get up and decide to call Gemma. I have so many questions, but Harry refused to answer them, saying I needed to ask her. As the phone began to ring, a part of me hoped she wouldn't pick up because admitting that I was not okay to another person was the hardest thing I had to do. The other part of me, hoped she did pick up so I could confide in her and know that I had someone who truly understood what I had gone through and could help me. 

I must've zoned out into my thoughts because I suddenly hear a voice on the line saying my name. 

"Huh?  Oh! Hey, Gemma. I'm sorry, got distracted." I chuckled and she assured me it was okay. 

"I'm actually calling to see if you wanted to meet up for lunch? I need someone to talk to and Harry said you would be the best person to see." I sort of mumble through the last part, but she understands what I'm saying. 

"Harry called me late last night and said you would call to talk. He didn't give me any details, but I know what it's about. I would love to meet and talk. How about noon at the cafe where we went with mama?" She suggests. 

I nod my head until I remember she can't see me, and then I verbally agree. "Of course, see you there." We hang up and I go take care of the baby and get myself ready. 

*~*

At around noon, Gemma and I are seated in the back of the cafe, where we have a little bit of privacy so we can talk. 

"Now, before we begin, can I hold little man? This aunty needs some baby time!" She asks. 

I nod with a smile and set his carseat up on a chair for her. "What is with you guys and always asking to hold him? He's your family. Of course you can hold him." I say. 

She unbuckles him and scoops him up in her arms. She tickles his little chin and he gives her the biggest grin. "There it is!" She says to him. He smiles at her again and she kisses his chubby cheek. 

"God, I just love him. He's so perfect! How did my brother end up making something so damn cute?" She says while rocking him. 

I raise my hand and giggle a little. "I helped a little!" We both burst out into a fit of laughter. 

"Alright, I know that things are about to get heavy and emotional, but I want you to know that you can tell me anything, whatever you're comfortable with

"Alright, I know that things are about to get heavy and emotional, but I want you to know that you can tell me anything, whatever you're comfortable with. It will be kept between us, unless, you say something crazy about like hurting yourself or anyone else. Okay?" Gemma tells me.