Chapter 10

After a movie night and Chinese takeout with the girls, I decided it was time for me and my little guy to get into bed seeming as I had work tomorrow with Anne and I didn't want to be tired.

"Goodnight, girls. This little one and I are exhausted, so I think it's bedtime." I say as I rub my belly and yawn tiredly.

Each of the girls bid me goodnight and I take the stairs up to Harry and I's bedroom. I haven't heard from Harry tonight and I knew there were going to be more nights like this, but with no word from him, I couldn't help but to wonder if everything was okay. It looked like little Dezzy and I were on our own for the night. I was far too tired to read to him, so instead, I laid in bed on my left side, curled around Harry's pillow while I rubbed over my belly with my right hand and I began to hum. I was thankful to be alone because my singing voice was nothing compared to Harry's, but it would have to do for now.

The next thing I know, I am waking up to my alarm at 8 A.M. I open my eyes and glance around the room for a second as I become more aware of my surroundings. I roll to my back and stretch out with another yawn before deciding I should get ready to meet Anne at the shop.

I climb out of bed and decide on not taking shower, so once again, comfort wins out over everything else. I pull out a pair of pink embroidered elephant leggings and roll them up my legs and I put on my new t-shirt, which is pink that says 'Best. Mum. Ever.' on it. I pair it with my pink Adidas and my elephant phone case before adding some small pink jewellery and doing my hair in a high messy bun. I decide to keep my makeup light today and I grab both phones before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"Ow, Ow! Where are you going all dressed up and cute? Got a hot date we don't know about?" Perrie asks as I enter the kitchen.

I smile at her playful remarks and shake my head. "Yes, actually. I'm going to work with my mother-in-law today. I don't want to show up looking like a troll." I giggle as I prepare my smoothie.

Perrie smiles and burps Cherokee. "Well, you'd make an adorable troll. You'd think with all the pink you'd be having a girl. Des Jr. will love pink from day one." She jokes. I blush at her compliment and turn to face her. I'm not used to getting compliments so this is all new to me.

"Awe, thanks. I would love a girl, but I'm perfectly okay with a boy, too. I'm secretly hoping he has Harry's green eyes and chocolate curls. He would just be adorable." I gush as my smoothie finishes mixing. I pour it into a cup as Perrie answers me.

"I think Harry's green eyes and your blonde hair would look beautiful, too. Or, even your blue eyes with Harry's chocolate brown hair and natural curls. Either way, he's going to be just stunning. He's got pretty good looking parents." She says with a smile. I nod and thank her by agreeing. Either way, my son will be gorgeous. How could he not?

"This little monkey is going to be a looker, too. Daddy better get a gun or a bat to beat all the boys off that come her way." I say, making a face at the smiley baby that Perrie's holding. Cherokee giggles in return, not understanding a thing that we're talking about.

Perrie smiles and rubs her back as Cherokee just smiles and babbles on. "Daddy and I agreed that Des will protect her. Maybe they'll get married and be so cute!" She gushes excitedly. I can't help but to laugh.

"Good Lord, Perrie! My child isn't even here yet and we are planning on them getting married? I guess at least I know I'll love my daughter-in-law to pieces." I giggle and lightly pinch Cherokee's cheek, making her coo and hide her face in Perrie's shoulder.

"Good morning, loves!" El greets as she comes into the kitchen, clad in only her pink pajamas. Here it is mid-January and Eleanor's wearing silk shorts and a light camisole to match.