Chapter 22

Harry's POV

"Harry, we need to do something quick. Lou will go into shock if we wait much longer and he's already lost a ton of blood. Should we call an ambulance for him?" Liam asks.

He's down on his knees as is Zayn and they've got Louis lying across their laps, keeping him alert while I try to decide what to do. I know he needs a hospital, but who knows how long Bentlie's been missing, and I'm torn between getting my brother help and saving my wife. Tugging on the roots of my hair in frustration, I make the decision.

"Niall, bring me the small bottle of whiskey you keep on your bike." Climbing to his feet, he runs to his bike and comes back with a brand new bottle that hadn't been opened yet.

I tugged my lighter and my pocket knife from my pocket and set them on the ground. I quickly unfastened Louis' belt and pulled it out of his loops before doing the same with mine.

"Tie this off above the wound, but not too tight. Enough to ease the bleeding." I say. I felt a little bad for the excruciating pain I was about to make him endure, but it had to be done.

Once the lads tied it off, I pulled off my own belt and got Lou's attention. "Alright, mate. This will hurt like a bitch, so bite down on this until we're finished." He nods wearily and I place the leather belt between his teeth and he bites down.

"Niall, hold his legs down, sit on them if you have to. Liam, Zayn, both of you hold his arms down for me. You can't let him move if you can help it." I tell them as I straddle Louis' body. They nod and grab a hold of him.

I screw the lid off the bottle of whiskey and dip the blade of my knife into it to sterilize it. When I'm sure it's clean, I use my phone as a flashlight and hold it over the wound. Blood continuously pours from the open hole in his arm and without another thought, I dip the tip of my blade into his wound and begin to dig for the slug.

Louis begins to thrash around in pain and he lets out a strangled and painful series of cries and groans as I poke and prod his sore. It takes me about five minutes of digging before I finally pull the bullet from his wound, however, the worst of it is not over yet.

"It's out, Lou. I'll let you relax a little before I continue. Catch your breath." I nod to him.

He's in too much pain to speak, but I know he can hear me because he relaxes at my words and lets his full weight rest on the two guys holding him.

I grab the bottle of alcohol and begin to pour it into his wound with no warning. I didn't want him tensing up if I gave him a play-by-play. He let out a howl and squeezed his eyes shut while his teeth sunk into the leather belt in his mouth. I can't imagine it felt too good. Once I had cleaned it all out, I took my lighter from the ground and lit it. I ran the blade of my knife over the flame, turning it over every few seconds so both sides would heat evenly. When the metal glowed blue, I laid the lighter down and nodded to the boys, telling them to grab on tight because this would definitely be the worst of it.

Setting the blade against his flesh, I let the hot metal cauterize his wound shut and it was the first time in almost ten years that I had seen Louis Tomlinson cry. The smell of burning flesh was enough to gag a maggot, but we didn't have time to think about the pleasantries of playing doctor. He wasn't weak in the slightest and we all knew he had extremely high pain tolerance, but none of us could imagine going through what I just did to him.

"It's over, bud. Let me wrap it up and we can go." I patted his uninjured shoulder and he nodded, heaving slightly as he tried to regain his breath.

I put my belt back on and untied the tourniquet that was around his arm. I kept a spare t shirt on my bike out of habit, and I used my knife to rip it into even shreds. It wasn't the cleanest thing we had, but it would hold up. I wrapped it around his arm, earning a hiss from him and a couple of cuss words as I tightened it. I placed the extra strips back in my bag and saw Lou tie his lucky bandana around the bandage.

"Thanks for doing that, mate. Hurt like a fucking bitch, but I'm glad it's over. Where are we headed now?" He asked as we all mounted our bikes.

I gave him a curt nod and let the phone call from my old man play through my mind like a broken record. It didn't matter who took her, though. Because once I found them, they were as good as dead and they had better hope that they hadn't touched my wife or son or all of hell would be coming with me.

The Harley roared to life beneath me and I put up the kickstand before speaking.

"We're going home. We've got business to take care of there."

------------------------------------

And double update because I'm so motivated & excited to keep writing & for what's about to happen! Poor Louis. I watched some...gruesome videos to figure out how they extract slugs from a living person without a hospital or doctor &...oh my. My arm actually hurt while writing that. NOTE: The next few chapters will be switching between Harry & Bentlie's POVs often. Keep that in mind!