Chapter 12

Bentlie's POV
1 Week Later - 5 1/2 months pregnant

A/N - This chapter changes POV 3 different times, just so you know & you're not confused! It obviously starts in Bentlie's. Enjoy!

Ever since the scary messages I've been receiving, I've been nothing but jumpy. Every turn, corner and loud noise makes me afraid. I even started carrying my pistol on me at all times. I pray I never have to use it, but better safe than sorry.

Standing in the kitchen, I am pouring myself over a new recipe when the back door slams, causing me to jump.

I turn to see Perrie coming in with the baby and she smiles at me. "Hey, are you okay? You are extremely skittish lately.Do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

I sigh and abandon my cook book on the counter for a chair at the table. I'm convinced that this baby is making me more hormonal because I haven't even explained what's happening and my eyes are watering already.

"Whoa, Bentlie, what's going on? You can tell me anything." I wipe my eyes and take a breath to calm down for a minute.

Nodding my head, I decide that I should probably tell someone. I know I can trust Perrie with anything, she proved that to me again and gain since I've met her. "Okay, but not here. Meet me in the library alone in 5 minutes." I say.

She looks taken back and I don't know if it's by my willingness to tell her what's going on, or if it's from my demand. Either way, I can't just blurt this out in the open where anyone could hear. We both stand up from our seats and she turns to go upstairs while I go out to the garage to grab the note I found in my door handle that day.

Using a pair of tweezers and a sandwich baggy, I place the note in it and zip it shut. After make sure I've got both of my phones and the note, I make my way upstairs to find the library door open and Perrie sitting in the desk chair, waiting for me.

I close the door behind me walk over to the desk with the note and my cell phone in my hands. "What's going on? You're scaring the shit out of me." She says.

Placing the note down on the desk, I shove it towards her and watch as she looks it over. "The rest of it is on my phone." I murmur.

The incredulous look in her eyes made me feel like I was a kid being sent to the principle's office for something done wrong. I bite my lip nervously as she looks it over, and then she pulls me from my silent reverie.

"Sorry, here. It's from the Unknown number." I fill her in. She flips through the messages and her eyes are nearly bulging from her head.

"How long?" She asks. I can't tell if she's angry or scared.

"It started 2 days ago. The note was on the door handle of the Range Rover when I came out from my classes. Then I got the first text later that night and those ones showed up yesterday." I keep my voice low and my eyes keep darting around the room, worrying about who or what could be listening.

"You have to tell the boys, especially Harry. He needs to know." Perrie blurts out. My entire body tenses with the mention of telling my husband this news.

"Are you insane? You can't be serious! Harry would come un-fucking-corked if he knew I hid this from him. He would over-react to extremes and I will not pull him out of work. I couldn't do that to him. You of all people should know that."

The tears are running full force down my cheeks now and my hands are shaky. I didn't want this to turn into a fight, I just wanted someone I could trust. That's all.