-22-

Friday.

Chresanto is finally better, but the rest of them are still pretty ill.

Not bad bad, but still bad.

Wow that didn't make sense.

"Hey Jake, you wanna go outside?" Chres asked. "Forest is calling my name."

Just how I predicted.

"Sure." I grinned.

We walked down the fairly large stairwell, walking out the door.

I didn't feel the urge to wear a jacket, shockingly. In fact, it felt like it was 75 degrees out here. Not the warmest, but it was a pretty decent breeze.

"Your not cold?!" He asked, feeling my forehead. "Your really warm, that isn't normal."

He was right, I did feel pretty warm, and the temperatures feel different.

"We'll anyway." I shrugged it off.

We walked for a little while, until Chresanto fell out of sight, but I didn't think anything of it.

I knew he was near me, I could sense it.

Wait, did I just say I could sense it?

Fix it Jesus, I'm getting all this crazy hoodoo shit mixed in my head.

I rubbed my eyes and the sides of my head, to alleviate all of my thinking.

Sometimes I think too much, and I need to relax.

As soon as I calmed myself down, I felt a very heavy body push me to the ground, but I already knew who it was:

Chresanto.

The furry wolf licked all over my face, and seemed to be smiling kind of like.

"Ah, stop!" I giggled, covering my face a little bit.

I was practically being pinned to the ground, leaves were now all in my hair, as there was now slobber all over my face.

"Chres, get off me!" I poked out my bottom lip, smiling.

He only narrowed his violet and blue eyes, like what I said was a joke. Plus he kept an obnoxious smile on his face.

I've never seen a dog of any kind smile before.

Wiggling around beneath me didn't help at all, considering the more I moved, the more the grip tightened.

"Ok ok, you win. Get off me please." I begged.

He nodded some, sliding off me, as I rubbed the slobber off of my face and eyes, while desperately trying to get the leaves and pine needles out of my hair.

"Need any help with that?" Chres walked back over.

"I don't know, considering you went ape shit crazy and didn't wanna hop your big ass off of me." I mean mugged him.

"Whatever, get up." He wrapped his hands around mine, pulling me to my feet.

"Ugh, I feel dirty."

"We'll, god made dirt and dirt don't hurt." He shrugged. "August family motto, ya know?"

"Fuck you." I smirked, running to hide behind a tree.

"I know your Blaxican ass ain't trynna hide. I can sniff you out ya know?"

I ignored him, trying to keep myself as hidden as possible.

My spot was pretty good, it was a gigantic Evergreen tree, and the branches dropped pretty low, so you couldn't point out my Afro much, or my body.