Chapter 16 - Sapphires and Snowflakes

Mulai dari awal

Winter gasps when she sees Loss rising back up behind her, staring at them with her veil of shadows dropping back over her face so then they cannot see her face clearly. She holds her blades tight as she stands there. "Leave." Loss demands.

"I don't think so." Winter says to her as she pulls the Lesser Sword from her Primary Sword, her large blue eyes glaring right at the mysterious Knight. Loss stands ready as she spins the Tonfas back round so then the blades are faced towards them. Raven and Winter look at each other and they nod as they get ready to fight her again. They both run towards her and Loss sprints at them, slamming both Tonfas against their swords as they attack, holding them both at bay. Loss jumps in the air and kicks them both in the chest to push them back. She then rushes towards Raven, performing impressive acrobatics and agility as she spins round, like a pirouette of razor sharp blades that cuts across her aura.

Winter slams her blade across Loss' back to move her back and as Loss rolls backwards, she quickly connects both Tonfas together, forming the bow. A glass arrow forms from the embers that she can manifest like Cinder can. She draws the glass arrows back, three in one shot and she launches them all at her. Winter gasps, generating a glyph under her feet that sends her soaring into the sky, narrowly dodging the arrows. Loss looks up at the smirking Schnee.

But then...

Loss does something that Winter never expected.

A white, Schnee – Shaped Glyph, forms under her own feet, one that Loss has created and she leaps into the air, higher than she is right now, moving faster and stronger. She then forms another Glyph behind her and she presses her feet against it, hurling herself at Winter. Loss grabs her and they both crash into the soil beneath them.

Raven's eyes widen from the shockwave, seeing Loss with her heel pressed to her neck and Winter strains. "How – How can you do that?" She strains to breathe.

"The Schnee Family name started somewhere...my sister is the one that had a beautiful family – mine was taken from me." Loss snarls with anger in her voice as she spins her Tonfa round and goes to plunge her descendant in the chest. Raven appears behind her and pushes her Odachi through Loss' back and out her ribcage. She knew that it would not kill her that easily, but she pulls her away from Winter and kicks her off the red blade. Winter gasps for air and she regains her strength, still looking at Loss who has revealed her true heritage to them.

She is an Ancient Schnee.

Only now does it make sense, when she pulled the veil back, the black hair turned snow white, just like their hair is. She stands tall, glaring right at her younger family member. "How is this possible?" She questions.

"Some Schnees kept their honour; others had that honour stolen from them when their loved ones were slaughtered." She says mournfully.

Winter stands there, some red marks on her neck from where Loss had pressed her heel across her throat to suffocate her. She touches the marks and then looks at Loss again, after realising this dark, dark truth. One of their ancient family members is a Knight of Grimm, and whether this could bring further dishonour to their family name is to be debated at a later time. Loss is still trying to kill them.

Winter scowls at her and forms a Glyph behind her and Raven forms a portal as well, one that she can move around quickly with. Loss stands tall with her hidden black hair blowing in the wind, manipulated to change colour so then none would recognise her true colours. Loss stands there and a glyph forms behind her, bright and swirling behind her. Even Winter is challenged for her abilities now, for Loss has been able to hone her powers for far longer than she has. Than any Schnee has been able to.

Kassius

"So this is what you have become?" Kassius questions as he stands in front of Yang, not letting Cinder get close to her. Cinder is lost for words, unable to understand why he called her Sapphire. But he does not change his stance or his position, he is devoted to protecting Yang at all costs, holding Lash Equinox in both hands and he has loaded fresh rounds into his Vulcan Nox gun bracers. Cinder stares at him as she walks, fire running down her arm and into her palm.