Chapter 17| Not Gray or Juvia

"Greetings, I'm Gray. Last night Erza and Jellal informed me of the escape. And I won't join." Gray said with a firm handshake. Lucy stared at Gray surprised, "Erza and Jellal both said you fight for good. You do know this is a good cause right?"

Gray shook his head, "it isn't good when you are risking the life of my friends." Gray looked around them, "I should be getting inside. Please leave."

Lucy shook her head to speak again but Natsu held her shoulder, "Gray is a stubborn one. Let's find Lev-" Natsu began but was cut off by a girl's voice.

"Gray? Gray my interest?!" A young girl with dark blue hair and matching blue eyes interrupted. "Oh, hello Mirajane, Natsu, Erza, Jellal. What brings you here?"

"We can ask the same of you." Erza rebutted, "But we have no time to talk."

"I heard everything, I'm willing to join if my Gray comes as well." She said as she looked at Gray dreamily.

"Juvia was selected to be Gray's interest at a young age. Ever since then she's always by his side." Natsu whispers to Lucy. She had to fight the urge to squirm as his hot breath reached the back of her neck.

"I'm not going, and neither is Juvia. I won't let you risk her life for a humans selfish needs." Gray crosses his arms, "and if you aren't gone by tomorrow I'll report you."

"Gray!" Natsu said sternly. "Don't speak to her that way."

"Well how should I? Your helping out the enemy! Now leave before I report all of you." Gray spat out, "now!"

Erza was the first to turn around, Jellal grabbed Lucy's arm for her to follow. Natsu reluctantly turned, disappointment spread across his face.

As they walked Lucy spoke up, breaking the silence they walked in, "Where is this Levy?"

"She is at the parentless home by the west." Jellal informed, "but if she does decide to go, we might have a chance to escape tonight. Before anyone could report us." He said as he watched other people around them.

"Natsu's father already threatened to tell, now we got Gray up our arse as well?" Lucy asked bitterly.

"Now now Lucy, no need to speak in such foul ways." Erza said calmly. "Levy will agree. And when we leave we will have a great life, outside these walls."

Lucy nodded, "hopefully Juvia and Gray change their minds."

"Not likely but we could definitely hope so."