Chapter 4| Thinking To Much

"Greetings Natsu!" Lisanna said happily as she stood with her older sister and brother.

Natsu felt a certain warmth on his face, he blushed and waved fearing that if he spoke no words would come out, and if they did his voice would crack; his father informed him that the pill he took to not feel the warmth will take another day to actually work.

"Lets go Lis, mother and father are still ill!" Mirajane, Lisanna's lookalike sister said. Lisanna giggled, "oh Mira, their just tired!"

Natsu chuckled, Mirajane was always known for being over dramatic while Lisanna was always known to be under-dramatic. They were his friends, even Elfman and Mira who was older than them already working.

"Goodbye Natsu! See you at school tomorrow!" Lisanna waves at the boy. Natsu blushed slightly and nodded, knowing full well it was considered rude to not bidding someone a goodbye and greeting them. Lisanna nodded and walked away with her siblings.

Natsu stuffed his hand into his jackets pocket. It's been getting a bit colder where he lived and he hated it. His friend Gray, who he was going to meet up with in a bit, loved the cold and could even go into snow in swim shorts for awhile. Natsu liked the summer where he could break a nice sweat.

A boy around Natsu's age appeared in front of him with a small smile. His raven hair was flat against his head. "Hey Natsu!"

"Hello Gray," Natsu said with a happy tone, "I haven't seen you in awhile. Why weren't you at school today?" Natsu asked.

"I was doing volunteer hours at the hospital." Gray said. "The number of patients lowered but the people still there were in terrible pain. Most people were construction workers." Gray said with a small frown, laborer workers always got the worst pain, that is why it is the most honorable in the community, next to doctors and law and justice workers.

"Oh, I start volunteering next week. I'm doing lumber." Natsu said happily. Gray nodded, "of course you picked lumber." Gray chuckled, "I was planning on doing snow plowing, but I decided against it when my mother explained it was the least impressive."

Natsu nodded, "your mother really wants you to be respected doesn't she?"

Gray shrugged but immediately apologized for shrugging. "Since my father couldn't help many people as a doctor my mother wants me to be better than him. And I know I will be better."

Natsu turned around and started walking towards a batch of flowers. He sat down staring at the vibrant colors. "Gray?"

"Yes?"

"Do you remember when we were taught history?" Natsu asked remembering their younger days.

Gray nodded, "yes I do. It was very strange since there wasn't a lot of history. We just learned about how and who created our community. The superiors say we are still the beginning of history."

"How did we come across our technology?" Natsu asked, now a little confused.

Gray thought, "I'm not sure, but it's better not to think to hard about certain things, especially when it's not very important."

Natsu nodded agreeing with Gray. "Okay, Thank you for speaking to me."

"Sure, want to go ride our bikes together?" Gray asked.

Natsu nodded. "Sounds fun."