Chapter 8| Pity

"Hey." Natsu said with a yawned he covered. Igneel nodded in acknowledgment.

Igneel read his newspapers. The newspaper alway spoke about what the rulers wanted it to speak about. Sometimes about the testing for children or if they had a day off school.

"Son, can you go to the hospital?" Igneel asked. Natsu tilted his head in confusion, "what for father?"

"An old crony of mine works in the hospital as a male nurse, I haven't spoken to him in a long time but he let me borrow this after your mother passed," Igneel gave Natsu a thick brown book with yellow tinted paper, "I'm pretty sure he'd want it back. Please give it to him?"

"Metalicana is his name, you can't miss him. He has long black hair and red eyes like his son Gajeel."

Natsu nodded, "I remember Gajeel from my younger days. Okay, I'll bring it back to him. I'll take my bike."

"Ride safely son." Igneel said. Natsu nodded taking off into the garage to ride his bike.

As he rode he waved at some classmates and almost fell at the sight of Lisanna. He rode and hummed to himself, but since he knew no melodies he hummed the chirping of birds he will never forget.

The hospital came into view, its red big plus sign on the middle of the large white building was hard to miss. He parked his bike near the building and walked in front of the clear doors that opened on command.

"Hello," a woman with a brown bun said. She wore white scrubs and a pretty smile. "What can I do for you today?" She asked.

"I'm here for Metalicana? An old friend of my father's?" He said. The woman nodded. "Yes, he is one of or best nurses, I'll call for him right away."

Natsu nodded and sat down on a white chair with thick cushion. He waited patiently in the quiet lobby until a sound of someone shouting came across the room starling everyone in the lobby.

"Take her to the next available room!" A woman with an urgent voice called out. "Yes ma'am!" Two nurses said in unison.

Natsu stood to see who was badly injured. When he saw the victim on the white bed his heart stopped.

An unknown woman with blonde hair and pale skin was being pushed inside the hospital.

Natsu's heart filled with pity. Pity for this poor young girl who was so badly injured she was on a bed, which was rare since people didn't normally get so badly injured.

"Did anyone check her pulse?!" He heard the woman's voice again. He couldn't shake the feeling of pity.

"Hey, Igneel's kid right?" He heard a deep males voice that made his head shoot up. He nodded and handed him the book.

"Thanks kiddo, now get home." He said, "it's getting dark."

Natsu nodded thanking the man and left the hospital. But still, the feeling would not leave him.